Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Printing 1st Class postage from within 3dcart, what gives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printing 1st Class postage from within 3dcart, what gives?

Why is it that 3dcart claims to be this robust system, yet in order for me to buy postage and print shipping labels for an order, I have to go through PayPal or whatever other postable place I choose???

You can buy UPS and FEDEX labels, USPS is the only one that you can't at this time. We are working with STAMPS.com to integrate this in the future.

For info on UPS/FEDEX label printing.

https://support.3dcart.com/Knowledge...abels-tutorial

Comment

USPS is the one I need

Thanks. I know you can print other labels, but USPS is almost the only method I use for shipping all my products. It's annoying that 3dcart doesn't have these abilities because it takes forever for me to print postage on orders. I have to keep two windows open plus my customer's order in front of me and go back and fourth between 3dcart and PayPal and the package, it's crazy and a huge time waster. I am not paying for a postage service like stamps.com because I already pay enough in credit card fees and other fees and if I use PayPal or Ebay to sell an item or even Amazon, I can just print postage with no added fees besides the postage directly from these sites. I really hope if you guys do integrate this soon, there are no fees to us involved? When might this be happening?

Comment

Originally posted by rcheltrvel View Post
        Thanks. I know you can print other labels, but USPS is almost the only method I use for shipping all my products. It's annoying that 3dcart doesn't have these abilities because it takes forever for me to print postage on orders. I have to keep two windows open plus my customer's order in front of me and go back and fourth between 3dcart and PayPal and the package, it's crazy and a huge time waster. I am not paying for a postage service like stamps.com because I already pay enough in credit card fees and other fees and if I use PayPal or Ebay to sell an item or even Amazon, I can just print postage with no added fees besides the postage directly from these sites. I really hope if you guys do integrate this soon, there are no fees to us involved? When might this be happening?
        Amen! I agree with everything you are saying and requesting. I have to do the same thing with two screens and work back and forth with the USPS site. Then, I enter the shipping info on invoice under customer comments so the customer doesn't get a bunch of emails from me and other sites. Where do you enter it?
        Marsha,

Comment

I go back and forth as well, so I'm glad I'm not alone. I put the tracking information, when shipped, etc. in the box where the tracking would go IF you could print labels from the cart. Is that what you mean? I click to update the status to shipped and click the notify box at the top of the order, then click save changes. Most of my items ship flat rate USPS, so I use Express1 to save on the shipping charges and in that box I also put the customer's email address (on E1 shipper) and it notifies the customer also that the item has shipped and gives them tracking and a link to check on tracking status. PITA

Comment

Use Shipworks it integrates with 3dcart and is fantastic.

Comment

Through E1Shipper, although they don't integrate, I get a good discount on my flat rate postage, $10.25 vs. $11.35 for a medium flat rate box and I don't pay a monthly fee at all. Since I don't have a HUGE volume, I'll continue to use E1 Shipper which allows me to insure through shipsurance, which I also get a discount on and can insure beyond what USPS "allows", which is important for my business because I'm restoring someone's original components for their classic muscle cars.

Comment

Toobusy, yes

Toobusy yes, that is exactly what I do.

Comment

Thanks for the Shipworks recommendation but right now, I do a ton of drop shipping so my in-house shipping wouldn't be enough for me to justify paying for a shipping service. Maybe I'm shipping 10 shipments a week but even just those 10 seems to take me forever the way you have to do it in 3dcart. Why should we have to pay for something like this when Amazon, Ebay, PayPal all have it intergrated for free. Is 3dcart not making enough money off of us and never really improving things that much? I mean I can't even type in this message board wothout an issue, the typing seems to be on some weird delay,.

Comment

Originally posted by 3dcartadmin View Post
                    You can buy UPS and FEDEX labels, USPS is the only one that you can't at this time. We are working with STAMPS.com to integrate this in the future.

For info on UPS/FEDEX label printing.

https://support.3dcart.com/Knowledge...abels-tutorial
                    Is this going to be a feature or an app.....

Comment

Working...
                    X