Shipping Weights Question/Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping Weights Question/Issue

I had a customer email me saying she could not checkout because there were no shipping options available.

I checked into this and under Shipping Settings, I have Max Box Weight (Lbs) set to 150. Under Shipping Methods, UPS Max Weight was also set at 150.

What this is doing is causing the shipping methods to disappear if the total weight is over 150.

I changed Shipping Methods > UPS Max Weight to 300 and she is now able to checkout using UPS Ground.

Is there a better solution to this issue other than having max weight set to 300?

Most Courier Companies do to ship over 150 lbs, as anything above that fall in to freight.

What we have done is create a custom shipping method as a catch all. This was a manual process, we calculated manually for several intervals via different shipping methods and posted the value of the cheapest method of shipping. Intervals can be 150 - 160, 161 - 180, 181 - 200, 201 - 250, 251 - 300, 300 - 500 etc. I know they are broad strokes, but it helps as a catch all.
    Elegant Weddings +
    www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
    www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

Working...
    X