search results page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• search results page

I would like to change the search results page. I don't want it to show the category results, just the search results. Which page do I edit, and what do I edit out?

I tried removing some things from the search.html page but depending on what I removed it either did nothing, or completely messed up the page. Either way it didn't come close to the results I was looking for.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nevermind, I figured it out.

Comment

Could you tell me how you did this? I have the same need. Thanks!

Comment

I would like to know how to modify the search results listings also. I have all of my listings showing as DISPLAY - 1 column, 10 products per page - but the search page is different. Would like to have consistency.
        C Ekman
        Owner/Designer: Cobweb Corner
        http://www.cobwebcorner.com

Comment

I third that, would really like to know how you did this.

Comment

its easy...and hard at the same time

just edit your template "search.html"

then just remove the code for category results

Code:
            <!--START: CATEGORY_ITEMS-->....<!--END: CATEGORY_ITEMS-->
            if your page gets messed up, it is probably because you deleted part of a table cell...one more reason that 3dcart should get off the tables as i posted earlier http://forums.3dcart.com/1924-post1.html

you have to make sure to delete exactly the right text. if you modify the default search page, this is the exact text to delete:

Code:
            	    <tr>
            <!--START: SEARCH_CATEGORIES_FORMAT-->
            	    <td> 
            	     <table border="0" cellspacing="4" cellpadding="0">
            		 <tr>
            		  <td>&nbsp;</td>
            		  <td class="font2"><a href="search.asp?keyword=[keyword]&amp;sortby=[sortby]&amp;catid=[thiscatid]">[cat_name] ([cat_items])</a></td>
            		 </tr>
            	     </table> 
            	    </td>
            <!--END: SEARCH_CATEGORIES_FORMAT-->
            	    </tr>

Comment

Don't know why I didn't realize it was that straight forward. Thanks to your post this is now one more thing to check off the list.

Comment

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, but brist has it right. I was deleting part of the table, which is what was messing it up.

Comment

Working...
                X