Unable to place order - Comments section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to place order - Comments section

I had a customer email saying they were unable to get an order to process if they entered a comment into the comment section when checking out. They removed the comments and the order went through without issue.

I could not replicate but am wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue.

I was coming in to check to see if there were problems because I had a customer have 5 incomplete orders because he was attempting to add a comment. He finally backed out of the order process and sent a crm with his question/date code request. I guess I need to go place a test order or two

Comment

Is there a way to remove the comment box from the page?

Comment

Originally posted by rburton34 View Post
        Is there a way to remove the comment box from the page?

Sure, by editing the template file. Either checkout_step3.html or checkout-singlepage.html. There will be a section like:

Code:
        <textarea name="ocomment" id="checkout_comment"></textarea>
        which you can remove

Comment

Originally posted by cbsteven View Post
          Sure, by editing the template file. Either checkout_step3.html or checkout-singlepage.html. There will be a section like:

Code:
          <textarea name="ocomment" id="checkout_comment"></textarea>
          which you can remove
          Thank you. I will do this for now.

EDIT:

On second thought, maybe not. I dont see that line in the singlepage checkout but I have this: Not sure what to remove.

Code:
          <tr>
          					<td><table width="100%" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="0" class="alternative" id="Table19">
          							<tr>
          								<td class="item">[checkout3_commentmessage]</td>
          							</tr>
          							<tr>
          								<td><textarea onChange="clearContent(this);" name="ocomment" class="txtBoxStyle" cols="55" rows="3" id="Textarea2"></textarea></td>
          							</tr>
          						</table></td>
          				</tr>
          Last edited by rburton34; 06-06-2012, 08:05 PM.

Comment

I tried to replicate the error or the problem and couldn't, although I could certainly "see" him struggling through woopra's desktop and once he had me on the telephone as well

Comment

Originally posted by rburton34 View Post
              On second thought, maybe not. I dont see that line in the singlepage checkout but I have this: Not sure what to remove.

Remove these two bits:

Code:
              [checkout3_commentmessage]

and

<textarea onChange="clearContent(this);" name="ocomment" class="txtBoxStyle" cols="55" rows="3" id="Textarea2"></textarea>

Comment

Originally posted by cbsteven View Post
                Remove these two bits:

Code:
                [checkout3_commentmessage]

and

<textarea onChange="clearContent(this);" name="ocomment" class="txtBoxStyle" cols="55" rows="3" id="Textarea2"></textarea>
                Thank you. That worked.

Comment

Yes you can remove it, but WHY should you have to????

Yes, the comments box can be removed, but WE SHOULDN'T HAVE TO!!!!

Customers should be able to add comments to an order without the checkout system failing. Has anyone filed a ticket on this? We haven't seen this problem, but we've certainly had other issues with periodic down times, white pages (product detail pages not loading), etc.

We've filed a couple of tickets, but just wondering if anyone else is experiencing these types of "spotty" problems. It seems that the comments issue is another symptom as well.
                  Keith

Comment

I haven't seen the comments bug. If I did i'd certainly file a ticket because obviously this is something that should work. But removing it temporarily is a reasonable course to take until they can resolve it.

Regarding downtime, see the post I made a couple of days ago.

Comment

Working...
                    X