Google Trusted Stores?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Trusted Stores?

Is anyone else thinking about getting set up with the new Google Trusted Stores program? I got my invitation and started the signup process ... so far, so good. What do people think about this as an opportunity?

Related to this -- if you are signing-up/signed-up -- the last step with the Google JavaScript is a bit daunting -- how are you handling the variables and where are you putting the code on your site?
    Jordan J. Lindberg
    Stardust Memorials, LLC
    America's leading online source for quality cremation urns, memorial products, and remembrance jewelry.

I am in the process of signing up. I have not looked at the code nor determined the compatibility with 3D Cart.

Comment

I'm working on this now. I haven't look at the javascript but I assume based on my javascript experience that it won't be a big deal.

The problem I am running into are the feeds that must be submitted daily with order shipments and cancelations.

I was able to create an Scheduled Order Export in 3DCart that Google accepts as a canceled orders feed, but I cannot get a Shipped Orders feed to work. The main roadblock is that it requires dates-shipped in the format of YYYY-MM-DD, and all my orders are in the format of MM/DD/YYYY.

However I think I will be able to work around this.. it will just mean setting the field differently when I ship orders.

Comment

I was just planning on posting about this.

The order cancellation feed can be automated thru the scheduled export, as long as whoever reviews the orders is sure to note in a field (like internal_comments) why the order was cancelled).

The order shipment feed is not going to work. Google won't accept the date format as it's exported (Google requires YYYY-MM-DD and the 3D default is M/D/YYYY), there is no way to export the carrier field as required (3D exports the shipping method as UPS - Ground or Free Ground Shipping instead of UPS, FedEx, as the feed requires).

Looks like it's going to have to be done manually each day unless 3D creates an export for us.
        Chris
        TC Life Safety
        TC Wireless

Comment

The shipment carrier can be worked around. I think if you just put "Other" as a constant for the carrier it will be accepted. The real stumbling block is the date.

I am thinking about scripting something to pull shipment dates in via the API and then write a re-formated version to one of the extra fields...

Comment

script placement

Troutguy asked a good question and one that is not clearly stated in google's help docs. Where is the best placement for the script code that goes on the frame.html page? Their sentence seems incomplete:

"The JavaScript code should be placed just before the tag of your HTML pages."

Is it best to put this just before </head> or shove it down the page to just before the </body> tag?

Thanks.

Comment

I've got my feeds done and will work on the javascript next. I'll post here when I've solved it.

Comment

Thanks, guys. Good to hear you've got a running start on it, cbsteven. ... If you're up for it, I bet lots of us would benefit from knowing how you manage this problem, once you've got it worked-out. And, PolarRay, yes, I'm a bit confused, too ... ideas, anyone?
                Jordan J. Lindberg
                Stardust Memorials, LLC
                America's leading online source for quality cremation urns, memorial products, and remembrance jewelry.

Comment

You all might want to read this page of the thread where I quote some of the Participation Agreement terms in red and be sure you understand how that can impact your business and your proprietary store information. Also how it could potentially be an avenue for fraud.

http://forums.3dcart.com/optimizing-...html#post24188

Comment

Working on the Javascript here today...

on our order confirmation page (checkout-step4.html) there is already a loop to display the order items... I think I've discovered that it's not possible to build another item loop using <!--START: items--> and <!--END: items-->

Here's the code I have so far... let me know if anyone is able to get this working!

We're adding 5 days to the order date as the estimated ship date (which is required by Google)

Code:
                    <!-- START Google Trusted Stores Order -->
                    <div id="gts-order" style="display:none;">
                      <!-- start order and merchant information -->
                      <span id="gts-o-id">[invoice-prefix][invoice-number]</span>
                      <span id="gts-o-domain">www.mystore.com</span>
                      <span id="gts-o-email">[oemail]</span>
                      <span id="gts-o-country">[oshipcountry]</span>
                      <span id="gts-o-currency">USD</span>
                      <span id="gts-o-total">[total_noformat]</span>
                      <span id="gts-o-discounts">[coupondiscount]</span>
                      <span id="gts-o-shipping-total">[oshipcost]</span>
                      <span id="gts-o-tax-total">[otax]</span>
                      <span id="gts-o-est-ship-date">
                        <script type="text/javascript">
                        function padzeros(number, length) {
                            var str = '' + number;
                            while (str.length < length) {
                                str = '0' + str;
                            }
                            return str;
                        }
                        var dateToday=new Date();
                        var curr_date = dateToday.getDate()+5;
                        var curr_month = dateToday.getMonth() + 1; //Months are zero based
                        var curr_year = dateToday.getFullYear();
                        var strDate = curr_year + "-" + padzeros(curr_month,2) + "-" + padzeros(curr_date,2);
                        document.write(strDate );
                        </script>
                    </span>
                      <span id="gts-o-has-preorder">N</span>
                      <span id="gts-o-has-digital">N</span>
                      <!-- end order and merchant information -->
                    <!-- start repeated item specific information -->
                    <!--START: items-->
                    <span class="gts-item">
                        <span class="gts-i-name">[itemname]</span>
                        <span class="gts-i-price">[unitprice]</span>
                        <span class="gts-i-quantity">[numitems]</span>
                      </span>
                    <!--END: items-->
                    <!-- end repeated item specific information -->
                    </div>
                    <!-- END Google Trusted Stores -->

Comment

Another issue is going to be the backorder (preorder) issue. I'm pretty sure there isn't any way to have that status automatically filled in when you allow a backordered item to be purchased.

Hopefully 3dcart is fully aware that the Trusted Store program could turn into a big deal for a lot of their stores and their visibility in search results, and is working on some of this stuff so that it can be implemented quickly. It doesn't seem like it would be complicated to add a couple of these fields to the control panel and give them a variable name we could use in the feeds.

Comment

Why would you want Google controling your orders and returns?

I am not sure why anyone would want to sign up for this if you read the terms. Google basically has control (once again), over your sales and returns. They have the right to refund anyone. Who the heck are [email protected]!!! Hate them, sorry, just my two cents!

Comment

I will add my name to the list that are unhappy with this new Google feature, especially with the heavy handed approach of demanding details of orders and customers.
                          My concern of not signing up is that we are dealing with a semi monopoly. Most of our business comes through Google, and if they assign some weight to Trusted Stores, then we will not have a choice but to begrudgingly do what they ask whether we like it or not.

Comment

I think I'm starting a new site...

I think I'm starting a new site titled...

GOOGLE, THE INTERNET MAFIA!!!

who's with me??? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by rcheltrvel View Post
                              I think I'm starting a new site titled...

GOOGLE, THE INTERNET MAFIA!!!

who's with me??? LOL
                              Everyone who's NOT a big box company will be with you :)
                              Elegant Weddings +
                              www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
                              www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

Working...
                              X