No announcement yet.

Having problems with Homepage Header...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having problems with Homepage Header...

Hello 3dcarters,

I'm having a really weird issue with my homepage header text. If you visit my site, Hydara Fabrics|African Textiles|Islamic Clothing|Wax Prints, you'll see that I have introductory text containing links to my categories. The issue is (as I see from my computer, laptop and multiple internet services) is that the font of the links is smaller than the rest of the text. I have tried re-typing the text, turning off WYSIWYG and checking the code etc and I just can't understand why it does this. Below is the code after turning off WYSIWYG. Does anyone have any ideas of what the issue might be? Thank you very much.

Best,
    Fatuma
    Hydara Fabrics

CODE:

<div style="text-align: center; font-weight: bold; color: rgb(81, 81, 81);"><span style="font-size: 12pt;"><span style="color: rgb(39, 153, 128);">Hydara Fabrics is the best place for all of your African Fashion needs.</span><br></span></div><span style="font-size: 12pt;"><br style="color: rgb(81, 81, 81);"><span style="color: rgb(81, 81, 81); font-size: 12pt;"></span><span style="color: rgb(81, 81, 81); font-size: 12pt;">We carry beautiful <span style="font-size: 12pt;"><a href="view_category.asp?cat=1">African Textiles and Fabric Laces</a></span> and <a href="view_category.asp?cat=8">Holland Wax Prints</a> for any occasion. We offer <a href="view_category.asp?cat=7">Modest Islamic Clothing and Abaya</a> as well as stylish accessories, such as <a href="view_category.asp?cat=39">Italian Shoes and Bag Sets</a>, <a href="view_category.asp?cat=9">Head Ties</a>, and <a href="view_category.asp?cat=10">Gold Plated</a> and <a href="view_category.asp?cat=58">Fashion</a> Jewelry.</span><br style="color: rgb(81, 81, 81);"><br style="color: rgb(81, 81, 81);"><span style="color: rgb(81, 81, 81); font-size: 12pt;">At Hydara Fabrics, you'll be sure to find high quality products, the best prices and exceptional customer service. Click the links above or to the left to begin browsing our products.<br><br></span></span>
    Fatuma Hydara
    Hydara Fabrics
    Your #1 Stop for Affordable African Fashions
    http://www.hydarafabrics.com

(FYI: I used Firebug with Firefox to look at this -- very useful tool for trouble-shooting this kind of issue.)

Your default_modified.css file, line 437 defines a font-size for links (also in "visited" links.) Remove font-size from those styles and you should be good as gold!

Code:
    A {
        color: #666666;
        font-size: 11px;
        font-style: normal;
        font-weight: bold;
        text-decoration: underline;
    }
    A:hover {
        color: #5DAC98;
    }
    A:visited {
        color: #666666;
        font-size: 11px;
        font-style: normal;
        font-weight: bold;
        text-decoration: underline;
    }
    A:visited:hover {
        color: #5DAC98;
    }

Comment

Thanks so much! That was bugging me so much! =)
      Fatuma Hydara
      Hydara Fabrics
      Your #1 Stop for Affordable African Fashions
      http://www.hydarafabrics.com

Comment

Working...
      X