Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Social Commerce- Facebook API Key?

Hi guys!

I just noticed the Social Commerce feature allowing you to update both your facebook and twitter statuses at once.

I got my twitter all set up, but where can I find the Facebook API key for my business fan page?

Thank you.

Best,
    Fatuma Hydara
    Hydara Fabrics
    Your #1 Stop for Affordable African Fashions
    http://www.hydarafabrics.com

Are there instructions for this? When I click Download Instructions, I get a 404 page.

https://support.3dcart.com/index.php...barticleid=408

Comment

The bigger question is, where do we post these updates? I enabled Twitter and authenticated the app but dont see where to post updates at. There isnt a spot within the Status Updates section.

I searched Knowledge Base for Twitter and it only shows how to turn on Social Bookmarking.

Edit: Ok, I clicked "Help with this Page" and all the links that appear take me to the 3DUpsell Knowledge Base page, which is a pay to use app. So, I assume in order to use the Social Update thing, we have to pay for the 3D Upsell app??
      Last edited by rburton34; 06-20-2012, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Talked to Support. The FB status update feature is no longer functional and no ETA on if/when it will be working again.

They did show me where to go to post Twitter updates.

Comment

Yea, I noticed the download link wasn't working...actually ALOT of the links within the store manager are no longer working...it's something the 3dcart people REALLY need to fix!

And thanks for the update...it would have been a nice feature since I'm really too lazy to log into each of my social networks every time...
          Fatuma Hydara
          Hydara Fabrics
          Your #1 Stop for Affordable African Fashions
          http://www.hydarafabrics.com

Comment

Originally posted by HFabrics View Post
            Yea, I noticed the download link wasn't working...actually ALOT of the links within the store manager are no longer working...it's something the 3dcart people REALLY need to fix!
            Could you please point me out to the specific links you found? We can definitely take care of that, just need to know which links you're referring to.

Thanks,

Jimmy Rodriguez

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy3dcart View Post

Could you please point me out to the specific links you found? We can definitely take care of that, just need to know which links you're referring to.

Thanks,

Jimmy Rodriguez

Jimmy

I posted the facebook status update instructions link in the second post in the thread. Its a 404 page. Really though, since support said it isnt possible to use the FB status update feature it should be removed from the backend as it is causing confusion.

Comment

Here is another:

https://support.3dcart.com/index.php...barticleid=416

Under Social Widget > Download Instructions

Facebook Store instructions:

https://support.3dcart.com/index.php...barticleid=539

The ones I find have to do with Facebook. Looks like the help sections were removed since the features dont work anymore but the information is still in the backend.

Comment

Jimmy, If you please let me chime in here....

The Knowledgebase pages are pointing to the wrong destinations since the help/support moved to Kayoko.

It looks like redirects are not in place or ignored.
                  Elegant Weddings +
                  www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
                  www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

I encounter a bad link in the support site about 25% of the time I click on one. There are too many to report manually.

Comment

It's worth noting that the Facebook API instructions link (under Social Comments -> Status Updates) is still a 404 error, and is still a non-working feature. The documents on the support site of course as written with the assumption that this feature works.

Comment

Funny (or sad??) that these links are still going to a 404 page.

Comment

404 error messages on the support forum

Good Morning Everyone,

I apologize for the inconvenience and delay with addressing the 404 error messages that you're receiving on our support page. We're currently in the process of addressing and correcting the issues. We appreciate your patience and your business. Thank you.

Sincerely,
                          Fernando Panjoj- CCO
                          3dcart

Comment

Working...
                          X