Advanced API - Canonical URL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advanced API - Canonical URL

I'm trying to extract a product's canonical URL from the database. I don't see any fields.

In the product import/export screen it is given as url_link, but that field does not exist in the Products table. There is a field called "link", but it is generally blank. Presumably unless I customize it.

Any ideas?

Try : filename
    It is usually the one before the last column in the standard export/import file
    Elegant Weddings +
    www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
    www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

That's a blank value as well

Comment

If you haven't configured your canonical urls the field is blank. This is the "Custom File Name" field in the MetaTags tab for the product.
        Elegant Weddings +

Comment

I have canonical URLs enabled. When you export "url_link" from Product Import/Export it works fine, but the field does not actually exist in the database.

Here is a readout of all fields in the Products table for one product, and the values:

3DC_ProductFields - Pastebin.com

You can see there are no fields that contain a link or URL to the product. The best I can do is something based on the catalog ID, like:
          /product.asp?itemid=1735
          as opposed to
          Saris-801-Bones-Trunk-Rack-3-Bike-Gray_p_1735.html

Not a big deal since the first link is a 301 redirect to the second link, but it'd be nice to be consistent.

Comment

I see what you mean: the recordset returns an empty value for that field.

Field Name: filename
            Field Value:

Perhaps support can shed some light....
            Elegant Weddings +

Comment

Originally posted by cbsteven View Post
              I'm trying to extract a product's canonical URL from the database. I don't see any fields.

In the product import/export screen it is given as url_link, but that field does not exist in the Products table. There is a field called "link", but it is generally blank. Presumably unless I customize it.

Any ideas?
              There is no field for the canonical URL, the filename field refers to the custom file name for that product. If you're using custom file names, then that field would have the URL and it would also be the same value used for the canonical URLs.

The Canonical URL is generated dynamically, and it's either the custom file name specified, or the sanitized version of your product name with "_p_" and the catalogid appended at the end.

Jimmy Rodriguez

Comment

Working...
              X