Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In over my head with API?

Hi everyone,

For years I have been updating inventory manually by downloading fulfillment house inventories, running them through Excel, and then uploading. Also for years, off and on, I have been trying to automat this process. I have a nice macro written that will handle the Excel portion, but I still need to download the files and then upload the updated files. Someone here pointed me to a downloader called BadBoy that works great for everything except the 3DC manager… So, now I am considering the advanced API.

I think I am in over my head. I have virtually no programming experience.

Is it possible to use the advanced API to get my entire product database (equivalent to Products>Export/Import>Export Data (under “Products”)) into Excel? Then I can run my Excel macro, then extract the updated information and automatically upload it to my website admin. The sample API code looks like gibberish to me. I don’t even know if Excel can utilize the API to get information.

Am I totally off base here?

Thanks,

David
    www.totaloutdoorsman.com - Your Total Choice for the Outdoors

Short answer, yes. The API can do what you need, but it is not for most users. If the API documentation looks like gibberish then it probably is not a good idea for you to use it. The API directly accesses your store's database and if you make an incorrectly-formatted API call it could wipe that database out.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

I am going to try a few more things with BadBoy. If that doesn't work, I may need to hire a programmer...
      www.totaloutdoorsman.com - Your Total Choice for the Outdoors

Comment

Working...
      X