Clear All

• Salutation in Order Emails

We want our order emails to say
    Hello John Doe,

Your order.....etc.
    Currently it says:
    John Doe,

Your order...,etc.
    How do we add the word "Hello" to the top of the email before the first name? Seems like a small thing, but a small thing like this can be more consumer-friendly.
    kem
    AddressNumbers.com
    Address Plaques, Memorials, Home & Garden Decor, Gifts and more.

Settings> Design> Emails? New Order Customer email. Have you tried there?

Comment

Yes tried that. The email section allows editing of the body of the email, not the salutation. Thought it might be under Language or something, but not having much luck.
      kem
      AddressNumbers.com

Comment

If you add "Hello" before [ofirstname] [olastname] it won't insert the word Hello? I don't have time right now to do a test on it, but I would think it would do that...of course I've thought alot of things about editing on 3dc that in theory in works, in practical application, not so much

Comment

Originally posted by Toobusy View Post
          If you add "Hello" before [ofirstname] [olastname] it won't insert the word Hello? I don't have time right now to do a test on it, but I would think it would do that...of course I've thought alot of things about editing on 3dc that in theory in works, in practical application, not so much
          The standard email says:
          ---
          Thank you for your order [ofirstname] [olastname]. We appreciate your business!

This email confirms that your order was received at [store_name]. As soon as your order ships, we'll send you an email with a tracking number so that you can watch for it. Please contact us if you have any questions about your order.
          [store_name].
          ---
          HOWEVER, prior to this is a system-generated name. Can't get at that to edit it, but I bet it is somewhere. Thanks for offering to help. Understand about time. That's why it took me so long to bring it up!
          kem
          AddressNumbers.com

Comment

This doesn't make sense to me. On my email design screen it shows:

Code:
            [ofirstname] [olastname],
            Thank you for your order! 
            This email confirms that your order was received at [store_name].
            If I insert "Hello" before [ofirstname], it shows up in the email as expected.

Comment

Originally posted by cbsteven View Post
              This doesn't make sense to me. On my email design screen it shows:

Code:
              [ofirstname] [olastname],
              Thank you for your order! 
              This email confirms that your order was received at [store_name].
              If I insert "Hello" before [ofirstname], it shows up in the email as expected.
              Wow. It's not that way on mine. I end up with two occurrences of the customer's name. One without the "Hello" and one with the Hello. Thanks for checking yours. If anyone has a setup like mine, please let me know. Maybe together we can figure it out. Thanks!
              Last edited by kem; 07-16-2012, 02:11 PM.
              kem
              AddressNumbers.com

Comment

Mine is like cbstevens also that's why I wondered if you inserted hello prior to the oname oname if it would show up with the saluation before the name

Does it have to be changed in the html version also?
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X