Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove Add To Cart Button on Category pages

Hi guys,
    How do I remove the add to cart buttons under each product on the category pages? I'm selling rings and the customer needs to pick a size option before adding to the cart, so they have to view the product page and choose the option before adding to cart.
    Thanks in advance.

14k Gold, Sterling Silver, Fashion Jewelry, Gemstone Rings, Gemstone Earrings, Gemstone Necklaces
    Last edited by Anthonytn79; 07-26-2012, 12:15 AM. Reason: Include url for referrences

If you have options for your products, when the buyer clicks on the "Add to Cart" it will bring the customer to product page, to choose the options prior to adding to cart. Only if your product does not have options or if you have pre-selected options by default the item will be added to cart

However, if you still want to remove the button, you can do so by editing the template.
    Settings>Design>Template Editor
    Choose your category template (i.e. category_X.html)
    and comment out the add to cart action, it may look similar to the following:

Code:
    <!-- <a href="add_cart.asp?quick=1&item_id=[catalogid]">[category_buyitlink]</a> -->
    Last edited by ElegantWeddings; 07-26-2012, 07:27 AM.
    Elegant Weddings +
    www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
    www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

Originally posted by ElegantWeddings View Post
      If you have options for your products, when the buyer clicks on the "Add to Cart" it will bring the customer to product page, to choose the options prior to adding to cart. Only if your product does not have options or if you have pre-selected options by default the item will be added to cart

However, if you still want to remove the button, you can do so by editing the template.
      Settings>Design>Template Editor
      Choose your category template (i.e. category_X.html)
      and comment out the add to cart action, it may look similar to the following:

Code:
      <!-- <a href="add_cart.asp?quick=1&item_id=[catalogid]">[category_buyitlink]</a> -->

Thanks alot! I think I might have preset a default option. But I would still disable the add to cart button on all category pages. Customer need to look at the product page to be cleared about our product before adding anyway.

Comment

@ ElegantWeddings - I was wondering if you could tell me why there are 3 sections (item_template_0, 1, and 2) inside the category_x.html pages? It makes sense to me that when you select a style in the drop down box that it would use either category_0.html, cat_1.html, or cat_2.html, according to the one you select, but I can't understand why you have these sections INSIDE each of those templates.

Hope this question make sense...

Comment

Originally posted by tbone_atl View Post
          @ ElegantWeddings - I was wondering if you could tell me why there are 3 sections (item_template_0, 1, and 2) inside the category_x.html pages? It makes sense to me that when you select a style in the drop down box that it would use either category_0.html, cat_1.html, or cat_2.html, according to the one you select, but I can't understand why you have these sections INSIDE each of those templates.

Hope this question make sense...

The Code blocks you are referring to are there for populate each category page dynamically.

First 3 sets of code blocks starting with <!--START: FEATURE_ITEM_TEMPLATE_0 --> are for your featured items for that category. Instead of rewriting the same code over and over again for the numerous categories, one code page will handle all of your categories.

Same goes for the second set,stars with <!--START: ITEM_TEMPLATE_0--> These are for your none featured items for that category.

Hope I understood your question correctly.
          Elegant Weddings +
          www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
          www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

Further Help on this

I know this post is older, but for people who have problems with this, the options must be marked as "required" for the "add to cart" button to bounce to the product page instead of immediately to the cart. If the options are not required, it will just add to cart with no option attributes... A pain since you will then have to call the customer and ask which item attributes he/she wanted with each item...

Comment

I simply changed the button to read Details.... and then changed the category template to point to product.asp?itemid=[catalogid] for the onclick event instead of add_cart.asp?quick=1&amp;item_id=[catalogid]

That way the customer goes to the product page regardless of how the options are set.
              Joanne Barker
              VS Web Design
              [email protected]

Comment

Working...
              X