X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• International Shipping Quote Calculator in Shopping Cart

hello friends.

WHY?
    • i need help with the shipping quote tool that is built into the shopping cart page.
    • did nt get anywhere with the people on the helpdesks, so hopefully someone out in cyberspace can offer me assistance
    • i do think this feature is already built-in, but is not functional, i dono why

WHAT?
    • on the shopping cart page, there is a tool to estimate shipping
    • however, it only works for US Zipcodes
    • when you enter a zip, it looks up your shipping methods and spits out a shipping rate
    • very handy for customers to get a quick idea of the "total cost" of their purchase

• the alternative is to "proceed to checkout" and enter your shipping information, to get the shipping rates
    • but most potential customers don't do so, especially if they are not e-commerce savvy, they tend to avoid pressing the "proceed..." button

THE ISSUE?
    • i was trying to figure out how to configure this tool to serve my canadian customers
    • whereby, if they enter their state and country, they too can get a shipping rate estimate, right in the shopping cart
    • does nt work, only works for US zipcodes

• but then, when i looked at the html code for the shopping cart page, view_cart.html, i was surprised to discover
    • that there is a built-in international shipping calculator coded in!!!
    • it just is not working, not sure why not????

THE EVIDENCE
    • here is the html code, the first part is for the working US (zipcode input) quote, the second part is for the International (state, country input) quote.
    • can someone help me get this working??

<!--START: ShipQuote-->
    <tr class="alternative">
    <td class="item" width="150" align="right"><strong>[viewcart_shipping-header]</strong></td>
    <td><input type="text" name="shipping_zip" size="14" value="[shipping_zip]" class="txtBoxStyle" id="Text3"></td>
    <td width="15"><input type="button" value="Go!" class="btn" onClick="document.shipquote.shipping_zip.value=doc ument.recalculate.shipping_zip.value;document.ship quote.submit();" onMouseOver="this.className='btn_over'" onMouseOut="this.className='btn'" name="Button4"></td>
    <td class="item">[viewcart_shipping-message]</td>
    </tr>
    <!--START: viewcart_ship-->
    <tr class="alternative">
    <td> </td>
    <td class="item" colspan="4"> [shipping_city] [shipping_state] [shipping_zip]<br />
    <select class="txtBoxStyle">
    <!--START: Shippers-->
    <option><b>[OPTION-SHIPPER]</b> <i>[OPTION-DESCRIPTION]</i> [OPTION-PRICE]</option>
    <!--END: Shippers-->
    </select>

<input type="button" class="btn" value="Clear" onClick="document.shipquote.action='shipquote.asp? action=clean';document.shipquote.submit();" onMouseOver="this.className='btn_over'" onMouseOut="this.className='btn'" id="Button5" name="Button5">
    </td>
    </tr>
    <!--END: viewcart_ship-->
    <!--END: ShipQuote-->

<!--START: ShipQuoteInternational-->
    <tr class="alternative">
    <td class="item" width="150" align="right"><strong>[viewcart_shipping-header]</strong></td>
    <td class="item">
    <script type="text/javascript" src="state_countryjs.asp"></script>
    <script>
    function get_Element(i)
    {
    return document.getElementById(i) || document.getElementsByName(i).item(0);
    }
    function getInternationalQuote()
    {
    var strAction = "shipquote.asp?shipping_country=" + get_Element("shipping_country").value;
    strAction = strAction + "&shipping_state=" + get_Element("shipping_state").value;
    document.shipquote.action = strAction;

document.shipquote.shipping_zip.value = document.recalculate.shipping_zip.value
    document.shipquote.submit();
    }
    </script>
    <select name="shipping_country" onChange="this.form.shipping_zip.value='';populate State('shipping_state','shipping_country');" class="txtBoxStyle" id="shipping_country"></select>
    <span><select id="shipping_state" onChange="this.form.shipping_zip.value='';" name="shipping_state" class="txtBoxStyle"></select></span>
    <input type="text" name="shipping_zip" size="14" value="[shipping_zip]" class="txtBoxStyle" id="shipping_zip">
    </td>
    <td width="15"><input type="button" value="Go!" class="btn" onClick="getInternationalQuote();" onMouseOver="this.className='btn_over'" onMouseOut="this.className='btn'" name="Button4" ID="Button1"></td>
    <td class="item">[viewcart_shipping-message]</td>
    </tr>
    <!--START: viewcart_ship-->
    <tr class="alternative">
    <td> </td>
    <td class="item" colspan="4"> [shipping_city] [shipping_state] [shipping_zip]<br />
    <select class="txtBoxStyle" ID="Select1" NAME="Select1">
    <!--START: Shippers-->
    <option><b>[OPTION-SHIPPER]</b> <i>[OPTION-DESCRIPTION]</i> [OPTION-PRICE]</option>
    <!--END: Shippers-->
    </select>

<input type="button" class="btn" value="Clear" onClick="document.shipquote.action='shipquote.asp? action=clean';document.shipquote.submit();" onMouseOver="this.className='btn_over'" onMouseOut="this.className='btn'" id="Button2" name="Button5">
    </td>
    </tr>
    <!--END: viewcart_ship-->
    <!--END: ShipQuoteInternational-->

Thanks a bunch

ASIF

This code is for a plugin to integrate with a third party service. See the following links:
    http://forums.3dcart.com/general-con...cart-page.html

https://support.3dcart.com/Knowledge...checkout-setup

International Checkout

As far as I know there is no way to generate a normal international quote on the view cart page.

Comment

Sure there is. But you have to pay 3dcart a couple hundred to get it added.

Comment

Has anyone enabled this on their website? I would like to take a look at it before buying (although 3dcart says there is a 30 day money back guarantee).
        Nathan
        www.YourCableStore.com

Comment

It's really nice to finally have this now, thanks 3d. Tested today, I'm going to do a little work on it before going live but some is changing some items placed there for domestic.

Comment

Working...
          X