Mobile site??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile site??

Has anyone else gotten the 3dcart email about the mobile site?

I haven't heard if they actually fixed the checkout page - it's been more than a year waiting on that one simple little coding project.

But from the email I figured they must have finally done something. I set up my site to use the mobile site again and then used my Driod to access the site.

Ok, so the site is extremely bland and I can fix that but the problem is the add to cart buttons DON'T work!

So I can't even get to the checkout page to see if it has actually been fixed. My guess is, it has not.

The add to cart buttons just take the customer to the top of the page! They do NOT add anything to the cart.

Has anyone else tried the new mobile site and checkout?

I just read this and got my android tablet (ICS) and was able to add to cart and checkout with paypal on my own site. What android version were you trying? I'll try my phone later and see if I can checkout and/or add to cart with a different android os

Comment

My version is 2.3.4

Comment

Tried my Optimus V cellphone, running 2.2.2 and I was able to add to cart and get to paypal to pay through paypal. It was SLOW so you kind of have to wait, I almost thought it didn't add to cart, but it did, just a little slow. I have not alot of bars at the shop, metal building, etc. but I was able to make a purchase through the mobile site.

One thing I did notice though is that it did not send my tablet to mobile, I had to choose to have it send me to the mobile site, the phone it immediately loaded the mobile site

Comment

Ok, Then it must be my site. I'll see if tech support can help. Thanks.

Comment

If you post your store link I can try with one of my androids and just do a test order...remove items from the cart and report back to you?

Kim

Comment

It was fixed months ago. Our mobile site worked fine, but we turned it off because it was redirecting ipad customers to the mobile site. We're having custom code to fix that as well.

Comment

Originally posted by wcsjohn View Post
                It was fixed months ago. Our mobile site worked fine, but we turned it off because it was redirecting ipad customers to the mobile site. We're having custom code to fix that as well.
                You aren't paying for that are you? It's a 5 minute job and I believe documented in another forum thread.

Comment

Originally posted by cbsteven View Post
                  You aren't paying for that are you? It's a 5 minute job and I believe documented in another forum thread.
                  Yup, but they're not charging much. My time is worth more than what they are charging. It was a no-brainer.

Comment

I had numerous issues with the mobile site, it simply did not work. I put in a ticket and they updated my template but it did not resolve any of the issues.

I havent checked it in a while but last I checked, it was not working with the iPhone. I will check it again.

Comment

Just checked my store with an iPhone and I add to cart, get popped up to the start of the page, scroll back down to where the Add to Cart button is, but all I see is a progress indicator spinning and the item never gets added to the cart.
                      Joanne Barker
                      VS Web Design
                      [email protected]

Comment

Sounds like you need to open a support ticket.

For what its worth, I just disabled the mobile site. Works well enough showing the normal site.

Comment

Yeah...I pretty much disabled it. My client is just about to go live and I was exploring some of the features.
                          Joanne Barker
                          VS Web Design
                          [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by vswebdesign View Post
                            Just checked my store with an iPhone and I add to cart, get popped up to the start of the page, scroll back down to where the Add to Cart button is, but all I see is a progress indicator spinning and the item never gets added to the cart.
                            There is definitely a compatibility issue with iOS 6, this is being addressed with the 4.11 update that will be deployed next week.

Jimmy

Comment

Working...
                            X