Daily Deal and Free Shippping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily Deal and Free Shippping

For some reason, daily deals turn off free shipping for our products. We have free shipping enabled on all our products. The free shipping checkbox is checked in daily deals for each deal. However, once a product appears as a daily deal, the free shipping is turned off for that product in the database. Other than pulling out daily deals altogether, anyone have a workaround?

Bummer! We really liked this feature but it just wont work with stores with free shipping on all their products. Did anyone else have the same issue?

Comment

It works together for us. How do you have your free shipping setup? Through a method or promotion?

Comment

All products are set for free shipping. Everytime a product goes on and then off daily deal, the free shipping check box is cleared on the product page.
        A nice feature we would like to use, but cannot. Not the first, either.
        We are on the new code, so, it's a bug.
        Tired of having to check on functionality, really.
        Last edited by Mark; 08-17-2012, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Hmm...not sure we've had a product with free shipping featured on the daily deals. I'll expirement.

One thing I have seen is if a product is on sale, when it goes on the daily deals, it reverts back to the regular price, not the sale price it had before. I found this annoying, but now I know to check for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
            All products are set for free shipping. Everytime a product goes on and then off daily deal, the free shipping check box is cleared on the product page.
            A nice feature we would like to use, but cannot. Not the first, either.
            We are on the new code, so, it's a bug.
            Tired of having to check on functionality, really.
            The Daily Deals use the Free Shipping and On Sale price to promote the item, once the deal expires then it disables both settings to avoid issues.

In this case, if ALL items are flagged as free shipping on your site. I would suggest just creating a Free Shipping method (by value) instead, you can still have the free shipping graphic on the product page as a static image, and then the checkbox for free shipping wouldn't make any difference at all.

The other approach is to have a specific group of items that you only use for Daily Deals, even if you have to duplicate a product and assign a specific stock for this daily deal campaign, you can keep the regular products separated from the ones used for Daily Deals.

Jimmy Rodriguez

Comment

The other approach is to have a specific group of items that you only use for Daily Deals, even if you have to duplicate a product and assign a specific stock for this daily deal campaign, you can keep the regular products separated from the ones used for Daily Deals.
              This looks like a possible solution. Will give it some thought, thanks.

However, in the daily deals config, there is a checkbox for free shipping. Same behaviour whether this box is checked or not.

Comment

Still no workaround for this.....
                I'm dumping daily deals.
                Too much of a hassle.....

Comment

Mark,
                  Once a daily deal expires, be it an individual product or group of products, free shipping attached to those products is automatically removed. You can easily go into your store manager after a deal has expired and specify free shipping on those products, but this will have to be manually completed.
                  So, there is a work around. All it takes is one step after a deal has expired and your product(s) will still be able to be sold with free shipping attached.
                  Give us a call if you want additional details. 1-800-828-6650.
                  Thanks,
                  Bryan Shaw
                  Community Manager at 3dcart
                  [email protected]

Comment

You can easily go into your store manager after a deal has expired and specify free shipping on those products, but this will have to be manually completed.
                    So, there is a work around. All it takes is one step after a deal has expired and your product(s) will still be able to be sold with free shipping attached.
                    Sorry, that's a hassle. They are "daily deals" so that would be a daily activity.
                    Not sure why daily deals require free shipping? Or not. When configuring the Daily Deal module there is a "Free Shipping" check box that has no effect anyway! You cannot use daily deals if you offer free shipping on all your products. Not sure why it was setup this way. I get far too many complaints that when customers try to purchase the daily deal, the shipping calculator says no shipment options are available as the order is over 500 lbs!

Comment

Mark,
                      Let me have the developers look into the specific problem you're having. I can't promise an immediate resolution, but let me see what I can do to draw some immediate time and attention to it.
                      Thanks,
                      Bryan Shaw
                      Community Manager at 3dcart
                      [email protected]

Comment

How can you hide items from quick search?
                        I created a separate category called Daily Deals in an effort to get this daily deal bug worked out.
                        This way, I have separate products from the regular products that are used in the daily deals, since I have to do this because we offer free shipping on all our products. This works fine, however, even though the category is hidden, the products still come up in the search function. And when customers add that daily deal item to the cart, when it is NOT active as a daily deal, the cart calculates the shipment as being over 500 lbs, since there is no shipping option for a product that has been unflagged for free shipping by the daily deal module.
                        If I mark the daily deal products as hidden, then they don't appear when they are active.
                        I need a method to prevent customers from viewing and finding the daily deal products that are not currently an active daily deal.
                        Thoughts anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
                          How can you hide items from quick search?
                          I created a separate category called Daily Deals in an effort to get this daily deal bug worked out.
                          This way, I have separate products from the regular products that are used in the daily deals, since I have to do this because we offer free shipping on all our products. This works fine, however, even though the category is hidden, the products still come up in the search function. And when customers add that daily deal item to the cart, when it is NOT active as a daily deal, the cart calculates the shipment as being over 500 lbs, since there is no shipping option for a product that has been unflagged for free shipping by the daily deal module.
                          If I mark the daily deal products as hidden, then they don't appear when they are active.
                          I need a method to prevent customers from viewing and finding the daily deal products that are not currently an active daily deal.
                          Thoughts anyone?
                          To hide items from search just mark the product non-searchable. If you also dont want it in feeds, select "hide non searchable items from feed" in the options.

Comment

Thanks for the input. I will investigate.

Comment

Working...
                            X