New Version 4.8.1 ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Version 4.8.1 ??

What changed in this new version that just got updated on our store? Some sort of changelog or announcement would be nice to see so we can understand new features, bug fixes or watch for mysetery issues that might pop-up.

You got upgraded? Maybe Google rich snippets are installed? That could be Mine still says 4.7.2
    (¯`v´¯)
    `*.¸.*´

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•
    * P£†®ª *

Shadow Trailers
    www.TrailerandTruckParts.com
    www.Trailer-Wheels.com
    www.iTrailerParts.com

Comment

I second that!

Here are several places I look regularly for release notes/announcements:

- In the "Announcements" section of the user group, Jimmy posted release notes in March, April, and May and then stopped.

- There also is an "Updates" category on the 3dCart blog which hasn't been updated since March. (there was a blog posting about v4.7 update in July, but that wasn't categorized under "Updates" so if you didn't stumble upon it when it was new you probably won't see it.)

- I get "News" in my admin homepage every time I log in to my account -- that would be a great place to announce updates.

Comment

Gonzalo posted in another thread today that they are rolling out a change to 5% of users today, and the rest within a week, specifically addressing a database security issue.

Comment

FYI... We were upgraded to 4.8.1 today. Now, all of the user page tracking seems to be missing. So, whenever a customer leaves the site and doesn't buy, you can't go into the "not completed" area and see what pages they visited while they were on the site. Same thing for new orders. You may want to check and see if it's a problem with your sites too - because if it is - open up tickets so it's resolved as quickly as possible.

BTW - when I mean "missing", i mean the link is physically still there to view the information, but the data is missing.

Comment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            FYI... We were upgraded to 4.8.1 today. Now, all of the user page tracking seems to be missing. So, whenever a customer leaves the site and doesn't buy, you can't go into the "not completed" area and see what pages they visited while they were on the site. Same thing for new orders. You may want to check and see if it's a problem with your sites too - because if it is - open up tickets so it's resolved as quickly as possible.

BTW - when I mean "missing", i mean the link is physically still there to view the information, but the data is missing.
            That feature has been long gone from our site for several months now, so it wasn't related to 4.8

Comment

Well it would be nice to know these updates are about to hit before they happened. That would probably explain why my google stats for performance went insane and my admin experience has sucked using certain sections for the past week. I firmly believe everytime my stats go to hell it is because of an update that is being prepped or is about to happen.
              Attached Files

Comment

Ok, we were just upgraded and I can still see the users last actions, pages visited etc in Uncomplete orders.
                (¯`v´¯)
                `*.¸.*´

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
                (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•
                * P£†®ª *

Shadow Trailers
                www.TrailerandTruckParts.com
                www.Trailer-Wheels.com
                www.iTrailerParts.com

Comment

Originally posted by doberer View Post
                  Well it would be nice to know these updates are about to hit before they happened. That would probably explain why my google stats for performance went insane and my admin experience has sucked using certain sections for the past week. I firmly believe everytime my stats go to hell it is because of an update that is being prepped or is about to happen.
                  I wish our stats were just as clean as yours for site performance..
                  Attached Files

Comment

The 4.8 release will include a security update for the way customer's passwords are handled, the rich snippets and some additional fixes.

We're still working on the release notes but these will be available by the end of the week and available before all users are updated.

The update process only takes a couple minutes per account, so it's possible to experience some slowness during that period but it wouldn't last over 20 minutes.

Jimmy Rodriguez

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy3dcart View Post
                      The 4.8 release will include a security update for the way customer's passwords are handled, the rich snippets and some additional fixes.
                      Jimmy Rodriguez
                      Can you elaborate on what Tags are used for the rich snippets? We use a heavily customized template, and just need to know what tags to use.

Comment

Originally posted by BestCostumeSite View Post
                        Can you elaborate on what Tags are used for the rich snippets? We use a heavily customized template, and just need to know what tags to use.
                        By the time I'm done with it.. I wouldn't even call it a template muaahhahaha..

On a serious note, will there be new documentation released along with this? or can you refer me to an updated template that I can comb through and find what I need to drive the code please?

Comment

Working...
                        X