Options linked to products not adding weight to order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Options linked to products not adding weight to order

My product options are not adding weight to the order when selected. This is only happening on options that are set up as check boxes. This is causing a problem with our shipping prices based on weight.

I was told by chat support that the weights are NOT carried over to the main product, when you use the Custom Item feature. That stock is considered but the weight is not, and that one should make an adjustment to the main product weight. My view was that those options should carry over their weight if selected. The main product weight should stay as is unless someone adds more products (additional options) to their order. I was then told that its working as programmed - no need for further level review.

These options are connected to products. Why would they program it to not carry over the weights of those products? If 3dcart offers a feature that allows us to add additional products as options then they should absolutely carry the weight over when selected. This is quite an oversight in programming if it is working as intended (as per my chat support session). Does anyone have any suggestions, or does this option work "correctly" on anyone's site with the weight being carried over? Any input is appreciated. This is quite frustrating to have features that don't work as they should (or at least how it would logically make sense).
    Last edited by shopgirltx; 10-17-2012, 11:40 PM.

Originally posted by shopgirltx View Post
    My product options are not adding weight to the order when selected. This is only happening on options that are set up as check boxes. This is causing a problem with our shipping prices based on weight. Our website is Wayne Dalton Parts for your garage door opener

For example: On LM-UNV2 (2lbs) if you check all of the options it should bump the shipping cost from 8.99 up to 9.99 based on the weight parameters of our shipping methods. The options for that item are linked to LM-371(0.15lbs), LM-377(0.4375lbs), and LM-890MAX(0.1875lbs). Shipping parameters that this falls into: 1.01-2lbs $8.99, and 2.01-3lbs $9.99

I was told by chat support that the weights are NOT carried over to the main product, when you use the Custom Item feature. That stock is considered but the weight is not, and that one should make an adjustment to the main product weight. My view was that those options should carry over their weight if selected. The main product weight should stay as is unless someone adds more products (additional options) to their order. I was then told that its working as programmed - no need for further level review.

These options are connected to products. Why would they program it to not carry over the weights of those products? If 3dcart offers a feature that allows us to add additional products as options then they should absolutely carry the weight over when selected. This is quite an oversight in programming if it is working as intended (as per my chat support session). Does anyone have any suggestions, or does this option work "correctly" on anyone's site with the weight being carried over? Any input is appreciated. This is quite frustrating to have features that don't work as they should (or at least how it would logically make sense).
    I agree that the custom item feature should add the weight in most cases. A box to choose "use weight" would be best. You can get around this if ou don't use checkboxes by adding advanced options and putting in the weight. Unfortunately checkboxes do not add advanced options.

Hope that made sense. Id did in my head lol

Comment

I don't know if advanced options would work for this situation, but I will try it. We do use advanced options for other products, but in this case wanted to just have check boxes and allow customers to select multiple add-on products if they would like.
      I still think weights of add-on products should be added, but apparently 3dcart does not think this is necessary. An option to add the weights would be nice.
      Thanks for your help Ruppy.

Comment

We have the same problem and got the same answer.

http://forums.3dcart.com/general-con...-problems.html

I still think the Either-Or answer they have is a poor solution.

Comment

Working...
        X