Shipping Option - Pick up at store?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping Option - Pick up at store?

How do I set a shipping option to pick up at our store? We have several customers who will do this and I do not want to charge them shipping costs.

Thanks in advance.

****Never mind - I think I figured it out. *****
    Last edited by wbee; 06-12-2013, 12:11 PM.

Did you get it? Just set up another ship method with zero cost.

FYI, we used to have this option, but for whatever reason a lot of shipping customers would select it and then we had to call/email them and charge them for shipping. Not sure if your customers will do the same thing....

DaveW

Comment

Originally posted by DaveW View Post
      Did you get it? Just set up another ship method with zero cost.

FYI, we used to have this option, but for whatever reason a lot of shipping customers would select it and then we had to call/email them and charge them for shipping. Not sure if your customers will do the same thing....

DaveW
      This is because the shipping module auto selects the cheapest method, so if you allow in-store pickup and its free, the system selects that one. We got around a lot of these issues by limiting the availability of this method to zipcodes in our city. Also we put bold tags around the name, so it stood out at "INSTORE PICKUP"

Comment

I switched it off for the same reason. Customers were selecting pickup and then I had to post it to them.

The custom shipping options are very weak in 3dcart unfortunately.
        Sue
        Fabric Garden
        fabricgarden.com.au

Comment

Working...
        X