Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sound for Live Chat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sound for Live Chat

    I finally started using Live Chat but am looking to see if there is a way to alert support when someone initiates, like a beep or some other type of sound. If the chat window is minimized, its hard to tell if someone is there, unless I am missing something. Chat isnt answered and the person is timed out.

  • #2
    We had the same complaint. Having no sound made the live chat unusable for us. We use the Woopra live chat instead, which we have found to be a much better live chat system overall.
    Laura Z
    Brass & Silver Traditions
    www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by brassandsilver View Post
      We had the same complaint. Having no sound made the live chat unusable for us. We use the Woopra live chat instead, which we have found to be a much better live chat system overall.
      Thank you. I will check out Woopra. Makes no sense not to have some type of alert in place to let you know someone is waiting with a question. Sounds like a basic feature for chat software.

      Comment


      • #4
        Did you try it on other browsers? I thought I read somewhere that the sound does not work on every browser. I could be mistaken.
        http://www.pack-secure.com

        Packaging and Shipping Supply Specialists

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Pack Secure View Post
          Did you try it on other browsers? I thought I read somewhere that the sound does not work on every browser. I could be mistaken.
          Tried it in both FF and IE and nothing.

          Comment


          • #6
            Yes, a better live chat needs to be implemented. I tried it, but I didn't have the time to check every few seconds to see if I had a chat or not. I've found an alternative one for free that works well.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by kagrish View Post
              I've found an alternative one for free that works well.
              So what is it Kagrish?

              Comment


              • #8
                I had same problem. No sound in Chrome, but I get sound in IE. It says "incoming chat request". Without sound, it would be useless. I also have trouble because it is blocked by people's pop-up blocker. So they think I'm not answering them & call on phone instead ... or just leave for another store.

                Comment

                Working...
                X