No USPS Priority or Express options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No USPS Priority or Express options

We aren't getting any USPS Priority or Express options to show on our site today. This is happening for both domestic and international. The USPS changed the Priority and Express shipping methods around this weekend, replacing Priority with "Priority 2-day" "Priority 3-day" and "Priority Express". I'm guessing this has caused the problem.

I tried a couple other 3dcart sites and don't see Priority options on theirs either. I can pull new the USPS priority and express price quotes into Endicia and our order manager so it's not the USPS website. Is anyone else seeing this problem, or have any ideas on how to fix it?

Jesse

I spoke with Support on this and was told USPS changed their API and that 3D Cart was going to get someone in to get this resolved.

Comment

Thanks rburton34.

This is the second time this year that 3dcart has been caught flat footed on a USPS change that was made with several months advance notice. They are supposed to be providing an e-commerce shopping cart. You'd think shipping services would be something they would put a little energy into, but apparently not.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that was thrilled to find out all their international customers were getting a "No Shipping Services Available" error during checkout. I feel really bad for those sites that only use USPS for their domestic shipments, they are completely dead in the water.

Comment

I just happened to be on my site and noticed it. I created a weight based shipping set up until its resolved. Lots of merchants are going to unhappy when they see the amount of sales lost today because of the "no shipping services available".

Off topic, I think the priority 2 day, 3 day etc is a silly idea for the post office.

Comment

We did the same, weight based with estimates of costs. Its not too bad for domestic but for international we had to just do 1 set for Canada and 1 set for the rest of the world. We went off western Europe, so some countries will be underpaying and some overpaying. If it looks like they won't have a resolution for a while we will make new shipping options for our more popular international countries to give them more accurate pricing.

I'm not a huge fan of the 2-day 3-day change either. I think it will be confusing. It's not an option you can choose or anything, they are just saying it will be 2-day if it's from-to certain areas and 3-day if the shipment is from-to others.

I didn't realize until now that they were changing Express to 1-day or 2-day. That's pretty strange, I've always thought of Express as next business day. Maybe it is because today is a Sunday but when I pull up Express options now they are saying "2-day" but still with a delivery of Tuesday, which would really be next business day (ships Monday, delivered Tuesday). Maybe they are trying to make it simpler, but Priority also says "2-day" but with a delivery of Wednesday. That is confusing.

Jesse

Comment

I just remember the last time this happened it took 3D Cart 4 days to resolve it...

Comment

I have been getting several emails today from customers who could not checkout because of this this. I also created a temporary weight-based shipping method, I wish I would have received some advance warning regarding this.

Comment

I'm curious how you set up your weight-based options. I hate to have to do this but I'm currently down over 150 orders and no fix in sight after talking with support. I need to do something!

Comment

I just checked and our Priority Mail is working!

Comment

It is too bad that they got caught flat-footed on an API change, twice in a row now. Even I knew this change was coming, and I don't do any USPS programming stuff.

Comment

I'm happy to report we are back up and running as well!

Comment

It works for me UNLESS its in my home state - then no priority mail??
                        Pat Cotter

The Preemie Store

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Cotter View Post
                          It works for me UNLESS its in my home state - then no priority mail??
                          Same here, sort of. It will give a quote for USPS Express in my home state, but not Priority

Comment

Yes, I can get express also and 1st class...in my home state.
                            Pat Cotter

The Preemie Store

Comment

Same here. No priority within my home state.

Comment

Working...
                              X