Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crediting sale back to card

Hi,

Say somebody places an order and pays by credit card. Then the next day they change their mind and want to cancel order. The amount paid already settled thru merchant. I've gone in and tried to "add custom transaction", then manually credit back the amount. However, it hasn't showed up yet in batch report a day later, nor gave an authorization code.

Is this a 3dCart issue or an (in my case) Elavon Virtual Merchant issue? Is there another way to credit back to card through 3dCart I didn't see?

Thanks in advance,
    Rick

I think that you want to do this through the Virtual Terminal, not through a manual transaction. So from Orders list:

Click Order that you are working with.
    Click Actions from top right menu.
    Click Virtual Terminal.
    Click "Credit Transaction" box.
    Select Payment Method*
    Enter amount in Amount box.
    Click "Process Credit Card"

*Payment Method is different base on whether you have a CIM solution. If you don't, you will need to enter the CC info.

Comment

Originally posted by hoosierdraft View Post
      I think that you want to do this through the Virtual Terminal, not through a manual transaction. So from Orders list:

Click Order that you are working with.
      Click Actions from top right menu.
      Click Virtual Terminal.
      Click "Credit Transaction" box.
      Select Payment Method*
      Enter amount in Amount box.
      Click "Process Credit Card"

*Payment Method is different base on whether you have a CIM solution. If you don't, you will need to enter the CC info.
      Thanks for reply. I'm not showing a "credit transaction" box - the actual CC no. is hidden so will probably have to ask customer for it?

Comment

If you don't have the number saved in your Virtual Terminal, you have a couple of options:

- Void the entire charge by clicking the void button on the list of payments (this works for Authorize.net, not sure for other payment methods)
        - Login to your payment provider website and process the refund there, and then account for it on 3DCart by adding the manual credit (Which you already did)
        - The manual credit thing is just there for informational/tracking purposes. It does not actually move any money.

Comment

Thanks for info - we did figure out how to credit back thru Virtual Merchant.

Next question - we give the customer the option to pay for shipping later after receiving a shipping quote from us as 3dCart or any of the other online stores are not accurate enough to determine a correct rate. Is there a way in 3dCart to charge their card afterwards for shipping after they approved the quote?

Thanks in advance,

Rick

Comment

You will only be able to charge up to the amount of the original cc authorization. Anything above and beyond will need to be done through Virtual Terminal as a separate transaction.

Comment

Working...
            X