Rewards no longer working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rewards no longer working

Is anyone else having issues with the rewards? Instead of allowing a customer to use their points to redeem for a gift certificate, it takes them to the actual GC page and makes them pay.

This may be due to how rewards work on v6:
    https://support.3dcart.com/Knowledge...points-program

Comment

I read that and earlier today it said to enable the "Allow points to be redeem for products" or something similar. I didnt see that in the module so I entered a ticket.

The page you gave now doesnt show anything like that.

It is ridiculous that 3D Cart completely changed the way this works and now we have to put our program on hold until we have time to go in and change it all around.

It worked fine before. You have points, you redeem them for a GC and use that for a discount off your order.

Also, I added the code that is required to the listing page to allows the redemption of points in place of an actual purchase and it doesnt show on my item pages.

Comment

I thought the new enhancement (Buy with points) was in addition to existing functionality.
        It would be terrible to remove existing functionality that was working great. I would love to have the option to also allow "Buy with Points" but "redeeming for Gift Cards" is essential.

Also for the "buy with points" it would be much easier to have a global "redeem multiplier" with a per item override, and then just redeem based on the Price or Sale Price for the item. Having to change the Redeem points for an item every time the price or sale price changed is an extra added burden.
        Last edited by elightbox; 07-31-2013, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Wow, somehow I thought this was going to be "points have a cash equivalence" and they could take that off their total in cart.

Sounds like its exactly like before with a round about method to get the gift card......

sigh......

3dcart is the only cart system ive ever seen that you couldnt apply reward points toward an order.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruppy View Post
            Wow, somehow I thought this was going to be "points have a cash equivalence" and they could take that off their total in cart.

Sounds like its exactly like before with a round about method to get the gift card......

sigh......

3dcart is the only cart system ive ever seen that you couldnt apply reward points toward an order.
            I agree. I finally figured it out. I had to steal the code from listing0 and apply it to my updated listing template. Just adding it wouldnt work. Weird.

But, now users have to take extra steps to get the gift certificate. You can set this up on other items as well but it would be much nicer to just let customers take it off their total.

I dont understand these new extra steps. It makes zero sense and is actually confusing. Just let them click Redeem, be taken to the page with the GC, click the Redeem button and done. Like before.

Now when they click Redeem, they go to the actual GC page itself and have to add the item to the cart and go through the entire checkout process.

Why make the customer go through these extra steps ?????

Comment

3D Cart just updated their knowledge base page as to WHY they made this change. If you are having so many people ask why it was changed to a less desirable way that you have to explain on the page why it was changed, its time to change it back.

If the customer is redeeming a gift certificate, they should not be forced to go through the checkout. It should be automatic.

An actual product is different and should go through the checkout so options and shipping charges are possible.

Comment

Originally posted by rburton34 View Post
                Why make the customer go through these extra steps ?????
                This happens after every release. I really think 3d should consider enlisting some of the more experienced 3dCart customers and ask them to beta test before releasing to the general population. You guys would've picked this up immediately.

There would obviously have to be some sort of exchange for the time involved, whether it's free months of service or whatever, but in the end it would result in the community really feeling like a part of the software development process, and result in better software and less irate customers.

Issues like this quickly take the "shine" off the new features and great work being done by the company.
                Chris
                TC Life Safety
                TC Wireless

Comment

3 customers have emailed asking about being sent to the GC page instead of clicking redeem and getting the GC. I'm going to discontinue my rewards program. Not worth the headaches. They broke it - customers SHOULD NOT have to go through checkout process to redeem a gift certificate with their points.

Comment

. I really think 3d should consider enlisting some of the more experienced 3dCart customers and ask them to beta test before releasing to the general population.
                    I completely agree. I would not even want to be compensated, I would just be happy to have input.
                    I have been receiving usability surveys from PayPal, I guess they are working on changing their menus, and so far I have received two surveys asking for input. Why wouldn't 3dcart ask some of its users what they thought of the changes before implementing them.

I still like the feature of Paying with Reward points, but why change something that was working and no one was complaining about.

I also hate for
                    Issues like this to quickly take the "shine" off the new features and great work being done by the company.
                    as we really appreciate all the hard work.

Comment

Originally posted by elightbox View Post
                      I completely agree. I would not even want to be compensated, I would just be happy to have input.
                      I have been receiving usability surveys from PayPal, I guess they are working on changing their menus, and so far I have received two surveys asking for input. Why wouldn't 3dcart ask some of its users what they thought of the changes before implementing them.
                      Actually, every single one of our merchants has input on the new versions. For example, the changes made to the GTS feed came from your feedback.

We appreciate this and not sure if it was noticed but there is a Thank You note to Forum users that contributed to 6.0 in the blog post announcement,
                      3dcart v6.0 Helps Online Merchants Effectively Grow Their Business | 3dcart's Ecommerce Blog

I still like the feature of Paying with Reward points, but why change something that was working and no one was complaining about.
                      There were many issues around the existing rewards program, like the inability to offer Products with Options, charge for Shipping & Tax, or specify a different shipping address. If you're just doing Gift Certificates then you can continue to offer these in the same way as you always did.

I also hate for as we really appreciate all the hard work.
                      Thanks! I'm glad to hear that.

Jimmy

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy3dcart View Post
                        Actually, every single one of our merchants has input on the new versions. For example, the changes made to the GTS feed came from your feedback.

We appreciate this and not sure if it was noticed but there is a Thank You note to Forum users that contributed to 6.0 in the blog post announcement,
                        3dcart v6.0 Helps Online Merchants Effectively Grow Their Business | 3dcart's Ecommerce Blog

There were many issues around the existing rewards program, like the inability to offer Products with Options, charge for Shipping & Tax, or specify a different shipping address. If you're just doing Gift Certificates then you can continue to offer these in the same way as you always did.

Thanks! I'm glad to hear that.

Jimmy
                        Can you explain how to do these the old way because when I tested it, I was taken to the GC page where I had to click the redeem with points and go through the checkout process.

I want my customers to be able to click Redeem and not have to go through the checkout process.

Comment

Originally posted by rburton34 View Post
                          Can you explain how to do these the old way because when I tested it, I was taken to the GC page where I had to click the redeem with points and go through the checkout process.

I want my customers to be able to click Redeem and not have to go through the checkout process.
                          I just tested this again and now I see there was a change made and this now works like it did before.

I appreciate this being fixed to work as before.

Comment

So, I think I want to set up my rewards like RBurton34 is doing.

I want customers to earn 1 point per dollar spent.

I then want them to be able to redeem their points on a gift certificate which they can use on an order.

But, they won't earn $1 of gift certificate per point when they redeem. I want it to have another value, say 300 points gets a $20 certificate.

They don't really talk about redeeming for GC in the KB article for V6, is this possible to configure.

Otherwise, I will have to either reward an odd amount of points "You get .1 points per dollar spent" which sounds funny, or set the amount redeemed on each product, which is untenable on 15k products.

Thanks in advance for any advice,

DaveW

Comment

Originally posted by DaveW View Post
                              So, I think I want to set up my rewards like RBurton34 is doing.

I want customers to earn 1 point per dollar spent.

I then want them to be able to redeem their points on a gift certificate which they can use on an order.

But, they won't earn $1 of gift certificate per point when they redeem. I want it to have another value, say 300 points gets a $20 certificate.

They don't really talk about redeeming for GC in the KB article for V6, is this possible to configure.

Otherwise, I will have to either reward an odd amount of points "You get .1 points per dollar spent" which sounds funny, or set the amount redeemed on each product, which is untenable on 15k products.

Thanks in advance for any advice,

DaveW
                              It is possible.
                              Set your multiplier to 1.
                              Make a gift certificate product for redeem
                              Mark it a gift certificate, disable rewards, BUT enter the number of point to redeem. I typically also dont put this product in a category.
                              This will make the product only show up when they click redeem in "my account"

You can do this multiple times and have multiple dollar levels of gift card. IE.. 10, 20, 50, 100 dollar options for say 300, 500, 1000, 2500 pts
                              Last edited by Ruppy; 01-29-2014, 06:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X