Odd text in Company field of billing/shipping addresses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd text in Company field of billing/shipping addresses

Just received a new order with odd text in the Company field in both billing and shipping addresses. The text is "does not show on my cell".

My first guess was that maybe this was a mobile order, and the odd text was autogenerated because Company does not appear in checkout on mobile. However, I just added an item to the shopping cart on my iphone and proceeded to checkout, and the Company field is there, so I think this is probably not the source of this text.

So I have two questions - first, how can you tell if an order was a mobile order, and second, has anyone else seen this odd text in the company field?

Thanks!

If this has only happened once, I would assume it is something weird on the customer's side, and not worry about it. Maybe someone with his auto-fill from his browser.

Comment

Yep, that's probably the case.

Is there anything that would tell me whether an order came in via mobile?

Comment

Originally posted by spardue View Post
        Yep, that's probably the case.

Is there anything that would tell me whether an order came in via mobile?
        You can see them in uncompleted before they check out as singlepage checkout (provided you use multi page for main site). Once they actually place an order, I dont think theres any way to tell.

I really wish there was. It would be far easier to see if we need to focus more on our mobile page.

Comment

I also contacted support on this, and here's their reply regarding how to tell if an order came in from mobile site:

Quoted from support ticket:
          "To know when and order was processed on the mobile site you would want click on the "view statistics" link and it will show all the pages the customer click on when placing the order. So you should be able to view if it was mobile pages."

Comment

Working...
          X