Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Home Carousel (Slider)...how to configure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Carousel (Slider)...how to configure?

Hi all,

Anyone know how to configure the layout of the new built-in Home Carousel (Slider) introduced in the V6 release?

I tested it out this afternoon, and it showed the "slides" (pictures, etc.) on the left hand portion of my home page with the little "buttons" (to click to go to a different slide) to the right of the slide. The formatting was kind of strange that way...I'd prefer those "buttons" to be directly underneath the slides that are displayed and have the slide show "centered" to the home page.

I've taken it down until I'm able to figure this out...

Thanks in advance!
    James

Interesting... I haven't played with the carousel yet. I will try it out and see if I run into any issues
    TheCartDesigner.com
    Not 3dcart Owned or Operated
    100% Independent 3dcart Expert

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

I had some of the same issues at first. In the knowledge base it was stated that it is best to leave the height and width sections for the images blank because of the "undesired effect" they could have. However, the only thing that fixed the issue you described was to size them to 750 wide x 470 high, and I edited my images to the same dimensions. Works great now!

Now if they would only upgrade my other site so I can install it there . . . hint, hint! :)

Welcome to SimpleVeil.com

Comment

rrw, take a look at your Title tag on the homepage. A little funky.

Comment

Originally posted by rrw View Post
          I had some of the same issues at first. In the knowledge base it was stated that it is best to leave the height and width sections for the images blank because of the "undesired effect" they could have. However, the only thing that fixed the issue you described was to size them to 750 wide x 470 high, and I edited my images to the same dimensions. Works great now!

Now if they would only upgrade my other site so I can install it there . . . hint, hint! :)

Welcome to SimpleVeil.com
          Same here. I had to make all of our images 750 x 400, and set the carousel height and width dimensions to the same to get everything to align correctly.
          Laura Z
          Brass & Silver Traditions
          www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

Man, wish 3D Cart's article had mentioned that before I spent the better part of yesterday making images that were 600 x 300.

I looked in the CSS portion of the template editor (not that I have a clue about CSS) and I couldn't find anything there to directly make a change without having to use the larger-image-size workaround (which I do appreciate the advice on).

Probably a dumb question...no definitely a dumb question...but is the 750 width universal for the home page width? Or is it coincidence that you both made them 750 wide and it worked?

Thanks!
            James

Comment

For me, that was the size that looked the best, and also that was the size that was best for the images that I had readily available. I think it should still work fine for you as long as you enter the 600 x 300 size info in the advanced section of the carousel module.
              Laura Z
              Brass & Silver Traditions
              www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

Ah, you're absolutely correct. I was under the impression (i.e. must have misread the knowledgebase article) that if you didn't set custom size parameters it would default to the slide image size(s)...

I had to put it in as 600 x 350 (if I did it with the actual 600 x 300 size, the buttons were located on the picture/slide). By adding a little bit to the height the buttons now show underneath the slides, just as I wanted.

I appreciate the help!
                -James

Comment

Does anyone know the actual default size the images should be so they are not resized?

Comment

Working...
                  X