SmarterMail Too Many Recipients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SmarterMail Too Many Recipients

I've been using 3DCart since 2008 and have always used the mail service that comes with 3dCart - now SmarterMail.

I've never really had any complaints except one and I'm finally taking the time to look into it.

Whenever I send to a group of people most of them never get my email and I get a delivery failure message that says the email was rejected because there are too many recipients.

I DON'T send emails to groups of customers. But I do organize shows and need to contact the vendors so I have a distribution list of 16 people.

I can't send one email to everyone on the distribution list because the email bounces back to me.

I contacted Support and they said the limit is FIVE recipients and they can't change it. They suggest I change to something like gmail.

I don't feel I should have to do that - I should be able to use the mail program that I'm paying for with my subscription.

Do any of you have the same problem and if so how do you get around it?

Thanks for your time!
    C Ekman
    Owner/Designer: Cobweb Corner
    http://www.cobwebcorner.com

Hello,
    Smartermail should not be used for mass mailing, you should just create the 16 members on a 3dcart mailing list, and send from there.

If you still want to use SmarterMail, you can only send 5 at a time.
    ----------------------------
    Gonzalo Gil
    3dCart Support
    800-828-6650 x111

Comment

I understand not sending to large mailing lists via smartermail but honestly, limiting it to 5 recipients seems a little too low. I often communicate with 6 people at a time on a variety of issues. It's not an problem for me right now because I use my gmail address for internal and vendor communications but I think that you should reconsider setting the limit so low. Just thought I'd offer the opinion.

Comment

We are studying some the Office 365 solutions from Microsoft. The prices are affordable, as little as $5.00 a month. Does anyone have any experience with any of their offerings?
        Luxlife

Comment

Working...
        X