Mobile Checkout Failing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile Checkout Failing

We had to give up on using the "mobile site" a while back because we couldn't field the amount of customer complaints we were getting about it not working on this or that device.

We thought things had improved a bit by forcing mobile users to use the actual full site. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be working now either.

Customers are calling and asking where their orders are or why they haven't gotten their merchandise. On investigation, we find that they placed their order on a mobile device (all kinds).

What's happening is that after submitting the checkout form (we use single page), it goes to "processing" and never completes. Prior customers who've successfully ordered from us on a non-mobile device or over the phone know what a completed checkout looks like and they're calling to tell us that they're not getting there. That lets us take care of them.

But the folks who haven't bought from us before aren't realizing that we never got their order. Then a few days later call and ask what's up and we go and find their order in the incomplete folder. We walk through their experience and find that the same thing is happening over and over - orders are processing...forever, and not completing.

Anyone else experiencing this and if so, have you found a fix? I can't imagine how many folks may be realizing it's not working and just giving up and going away - we'll never know.

hi, Just Poppin,

I just placed a test order on my iPhone (using the full site, not the mobile. And the transaction went through. However, I used a PayByCheck option instead of an actual card processor.
    Joanne Barker
    VS Web Design
    [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by vswebdesign View Post
      hi, Just Poppin,

I just placed a test order on my iPhone (using the full site, not the mobile. And the transaction went through. However, I used a PayByCheck option instead of an actual card processor.
      We don't use the paybycheck option - just credit cards and paypal. From my experience completing orders for the folks that call, they're paying with credit cards. Of course, that's the only way to pay over the phone so I can't say for sure that Paypal is or is not working for mobile users trying to check out on our site.

Comment

Run a test with a PayPal checkout to see if it fails.
        Then set yourself up a new Customer Group (called "Test" that only you are a part of) and set up Pay By Check. Then test the checkout. If it works, you can pretty much assume that it has to do with the payment method. Just trying to narrow down potential problem areas and more info for support to troubleshoot. :-)
        Joanne Barker
        VS Web Design
        [email protected]

Comment

Working...
        X