Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Google Suspending Merchant Feed for including Gift Certificates.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Suspending Merchant Feed for including Gift Certificates.

We have been using the Gift Certificate feature for several years and it has resulted in increased sale especially around the holidays. However, yesterday our entire product feed was suspended by Google with no indication of why. This was devastating to our business.

Here is the message Google sent to me by email after I questioned the suspension to Google.

[email protected]

2:38 AM (8 hours ago)

to me

Hello,

Thank you for your email.

Please know that your account was suspended for listing gift certificate.

Please remove it or any related products from your feed and write back to us.

I spoke with a 3dcart tech support person and they told me the solution was to MANUALLY turn off the gift certificates, generate the feed and then turn them back on. Since we are constantly updating products, pricing, etc. we would have to do that each day.

According to Google, including Gift Certificates in the product feed is a direct violation of there policy. (see the bottom of the violation table)

https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/2770285

I see that many of the other 3dcart companies are using the gift certificate feature and many of them may not even be aware if their products were suspended. They only way I knew is because I logged into Google Merchant center. Perhaps the best solution is for 3dcart to filter them out of the feed in the first place so that all of your customers don't have to deal with it manually and/or risk being blackballed by Google for simply using a 3dcart built in feature

I figured out a work around which is to filter out the gift certificates with our GoDataFeed subscription.

Hopefully that will help any of you who are experiencing the same issue.

I figured out a work around which is to filter out the gift certificates with our GoDataFeed subscription.
    we use extra_field_8 for anything we want to hide from feeds. We have a GoDatafeed filter to not submit any item with "HIDE" in Extra_field_8, then we include the Value "HIDE" in this field for anything we want to omit from the feed. It makes it very simple to suspend any item from the feed without messing with the filters again.

Comment

If a product were set to "not searchable", would that be enough to keep it out of the feed generated by 3dcart admin itself?

Anyone tried?

Comment

Working...
      X