Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Change domain or create totally new store?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change domain or create totally new store?

Hello,
    Recently I decided to quite radically change my course of business and I am now creating online store with NEW domain for my new course. The thing is that I have an online store which I modified and put a lot of work into it. What I want is to have same exact design with same exact modification but with different products, logo, information, etc.

I am thinking just to change the domain address, change products and everything. Is it the best way to do it?

Also few questions:

1) How this will affect me SEO? Will search engines register me as totally new website or I will still have some strings from previous shop (i dont want to have it since my store now will be selling different products)

2) Will my email address change when I change my domain?

3) Is there any difference between changing just my domain and opening brand new store from the SEO point of view?

Thank you

1. Are you going to redirect old to new?

2. Or simply kill the old domain and change the nameservers back to your registrar so it does not point to 3DCart anymore and just change the domain in your 3Dcart store?

If you're changing everything and the old has nothing to do with the new I follow path 2. Why open another account.

Just change old domain to point back to registrar, change domain in 3DCart, change robots.txt to Disallow: /, do whatever you want to the site to change it to your liking, when ready re-launch and change robots.txt Disallow: / back to a standard robots.txt file to your liking.

To answer your questions:

1) How this will affect me SEO? Will search engines register me as totally new website or I will still have some strings from previous shop (i dont want to have it since my store now will be selling different products)
    YES A NEW SITE COMPLETELY

YES TO NEW DOMAIN NAME

3) Is there any difference between changing just my domain and opening brand new store from the SEO point of view?
    OPENING A NEW ACCT COSTS $$$, NO NEED. YOUR TEMPLATES AND EVERYTHING ARE ALREADY IN PLACE, JUST MODIFY AS NEEDED. IN ESSENCE OPENING A NEW ACCT WITH NEW DOMAIN AND THEN CLOSING THIS ONE WILL BE MORE WORK FOR YOU AND OF NO BENEFIT FOR SEO.

Comment

Originally posted by theblademan View Post
      1. Are you going to redirect old to new?

2. Or simply kill the old domain and change the nameservers back to your registrar so it does not point to 3DCart anymore and just change the domain in your 3Dcart store?

If you're changing everything and the old has nothing to do with the new I follow path 2. Why open another account.

Just change old domain to point back to registrar, change domain in 3DCart, change robots.txt to Disallow: /, do whatever you want to the site to change it to your liking, when ready re-launch and change robots.txt Disallow: / back to a standard robots.txt file to your liking.

To answer your questions:

YES A NEW SITE COMPLETELY

YES TO NEW DOMAIN NAME

OPENING A NEW ACCT COSTS $$$, NO NEED. YOUR TEMPLATES AND EVERYTHING ARE ALREADY IN PLACE, JUST MODIFY AS NEEDED. IN ESSENCE OPENING A NEW ACCT WITH NEW DOMAIN AND THEN CLOSING THIS ONE WILL BE MORE WORK FOR YOU AND OF NO BENEFIT FOR SEO.
      Thanks for the reply. Yes I am planning just to kill the old one and change my 3dcart shop to the new domain. The old one has nothing to do with the new one. However it is not free and it cost 50$. I didnt really get what exactly do I need to do with robot.txt file?

thanks

Comment

Working...
      X