Tracking orders for non-registered customers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tracking orders for non-registered customers

Is there a way for a non-registered customer to track their purchase by entering an order number and other information like shipping zip? Or, is order tracking only for registered customers?
    Joanne Barker
    VS Web Design
    [email protected]

oddly, 3dcart doesn't offer this built in. Try this workaround. You have to add it to login-account.html
    HTML Code:
         <form action="ordertracking.asp" method="post">
            <table width="400" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
              <tr>
                <td class="checkout-headers" colspan="3"> Check Order Status Without Account</td>
              </tr>
              <tr>
                 <td class="data">If your order is shipped a tracking number will appear.<br>Otherwise, it is still in process. <br>Please log into your account for more complete information. </td>
               </tr>
              <tr>
                <td><table width="100%" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" class="alternative">
                    <tr>
                      <td width="100" align="right" class="item"><strong>Email:</strong></td>
                      <td><INPUT type="text" size="20" name="email" value="" class="txtBoxStyle"></td>
                    </tr>
                    <tr>
                      <td width="100" align="right" class="item" ><strong>Order #:</strong></td>
                      <td><INPUT type="invoice" size="20" name="invoice" class="txtBoxStyle"></td>
                    </tr>
                    <tr>
                      <td align="right"> </td>
                      <td align="left"><input type="submit" value="Check My Order Order Status" class="btn" onmouseover="this.className='btn_over'" onmouseout="this.className='btn'"></td>
                    </tr>
                </table></td>
              </tr>
            </table>
          </form>

Comment

That is very odd....thanks for the code! I've got reward enabled. The ordertracking.asp page assumes that the customer is logged into their account as it tries to display the rewards points info at the bottom.

How did you get it to not display?

Update: I added a little bit of jquery to the page that would hide the Rewards section if the customer wasn't logged in. Because the customer isn't logged in, the variables for the rewards stuff is printed on the page...this is what I used to determine whether the customer was logged in.

<script type="text/javascript">

$(document).ready(function() {
      if($('#rewardschk').html()=='[rwdPointsRewarded]') {
      $('#rewardsblk').hide();
      }
      });
      </script>
      Last edited by vswebdesign; 09-21-2013, 09:57 PM. Reason: Additional information
      Joanne Barker
      VS Web Design
      [email protected]

Comment

This is a much needed feature.

Which page accesses login-account.html? 'cause when I try to access it on the front-end I get an error message.

Also, there is
        login-account-multiple.html
        login-account.html
        login-account1.html
        login-account2.html
        login-account2b.html

What are all these pages?

Comment

Figured out that login-account.html is myaccount.asp on the front-end.

Now, which page did you edit for ordertracking.asp?

Comment

order-history-view.html :-)
            Joanne Barker
            VS Web Design
            [email protected]

Comment

Thanks.
              I love playing "guess what this page is" with the 3dcart templates.

Comment

That just made me laugh....I was thinking the same thing!
                Joanne Barker
                VS Web Design
                [email protected]

Comment

Anyone have a clue as to how to make this work on an html5 template? After filling in the information and being directed to it, ordertracking.asp seems to be asking for login.

Comment

Working...
                  X