2 years and this is not fixed! mcommerce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 years and this is not fixed! mcommerce

Well, I am new to 3dcart and found this issue with the 3d cart mcommerce. I wanted to make a post on this because in our modern technological e-commerce era, this is something basic for mobile optimization. Nevertheless, I AM more than glad 3dcart is offering the Mobile Commerce service for FREE and I hope it remains this way.

BUT Please Fix this issue. Make it a Priority

Here it comes,

I have the Mobile Commerce Enabled with Auto Detect Script installed.

If i search for a specific keyword in google using a mobile device, and i click on my website product page in the search result, the browser refreshes and takes me back to the homepage instead of that product page.

And this issue was reported TWO years ago...

http://forums.3dcart.com/store-desig...nversions.html

Why this matters

You want mcommerce to increase conversion. Well, with this issue, the main problem is that even though the website is in Mobile version, but because it redirects to home page, the conversion rate is dropped even more.

Plus, without this function. Accept it or Not, there is no point of enabling the mcommerce. Because the visitor is not landing on the page, he/she wants to view.

Couldn't agree more. I've been complaining about this since mobile was introduced years ago. It's not difficult to fix (redirect to the mobile-compatible page based on the results of a browser check).

With mobile commerce growing bigger every year, it amazes me that this hasn't been higher on the priority list. I like the v6 features, but as I was discussing with another 3d merchant the other day, if they just fixed was what currently broken (like mobile, product options, etc..), v6 would have been the best release ever.
    Chris
    TC Life Safety
    TC Wireless

Comment

Complained about this recently. I'm told......... "Early October for a fix". We'll see.

Comment

I'm wishing we could use mobile when multi page checkout is enabled. We want to keep the multi page on the full site so can't use it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan Shaw
          Our developers are working on this. Please be patient, and yes, we hope to have this matter fully resolved sometime in October.
          Thanks for your support, and let us know if you need anything else.
          Bryan Shaw
          Community Manager at 3dcart
          [email protected]
          --------------------------------

Good to know its being resolved.

I wanted to ask. If its possible to add newsletter/email signup form in the mobile version. Is that something that can be installed in the mobile version of website?

Comment

What. Is. The. Status.

Originally posted by theblademan View Post
            Complained about this recently. I'm told......... "Early October for a fix". We'll see.
            When will this be fixed?

BP

Comment

With the holidays coming up and so many people shopping using mobile devices this is really an important issue

Comment

Has anyone installed Analytics tracking code into the mobile templates?

BP

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan Shaw
                  Our developers are working on this. Please be patient, and yes, we hope to have this matter fully resolved sometime in October.
                  Thanks for your support, and let us know if you need anything else.
                  Bryan Shaw
                  [email protected]
                  Bryan, can you please check the status of this and reply?

BP

Comment

Another Bug with Mobile which has not not been attended to yet

Also, a bug that I have reported and which I have been told they are 'aware of it' (?) but have never bothered to fix it, is if you have a redirected page in 3dcart to another page, if you use the 'link' feature in product manager to redirect it, the mobile site gets busted, and it results in a dead link. This is highly dysfunctional when people are shopping on their phones and tablets.
                    Why not fix these bugs? Year after year...its unbelievable.

Comment

Let me speak with our CTO, and I will post a status update tomorrow.
                      Thanks for your patience everyone.
                      Best of luck,
                      Bryan Shaw
                      [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                      X