Pinterest rich pins for articles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinterest rich pins for articles

Hey all. I managed to set up Pinterest criteria correctly for my products and have applied for Rich Pins (Pinterest, and now want to set up my blog posts, particularly the long-form educational posts, for Rich Pins as well.

The only thing missing on the schema.org is the Description, which Pinterest requires.

I've looked at the shortcodes on the blog page and there's nothing that will work that I can see. Ideally I would be able to use the meta description and insert it like this somehow:

<div itemprop="description">[meta]</div>

But so far that hasn't worked whatsoever. I think it needs to be in the <head> area rather than on the blog page, and that leaves, what, the frame?

Has anyone successfully implemented this functionality?

Thanks!!

Looks like I answered my own question, which I'll post for anyone else who wants to do this.

On the blog template, I decided to try the description on the [post] shortcode since there is literally no other way to do it that I could find. I added this code before and after the [post] shortcode on the blog page:

<span itemprop="description"> [post] </div>

Then I validated a link with Pinterest and applied for rich pins. The "description" ends up being the entire article, but Pinterest will automatically truncate it anyway.

Comment

Working...
    X