Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Partial refunds

Bryan wrote a blog post about Stripe, in it he says:

Another feature you’re sure to love gives merchants the ability to offer full or partial refunds directly from 3dcart’s Store Manager.
    With Authorize.net this isn't possible unless the customer's card is stored and you issue a refund via the virtual terminal. With a normal order you can only issue a full refund. So either:
    A ) This has changed
    B ) Stripe's integration is different
    C ) The blog post is incorrect

Which is it? I assume it is B or C.

Stripe is different than Authorize.net, and the blog is correct. Users can offer full or partial refunds directly from 3dcart's Store Manager. This is an enhanced Stripe feature that can be used if a shopper chooses to store their payment information as an encrypted alias.
    If you have any additional questions, let us know.
    Thanks,
    Bryan Shaw

Comment

Perhaps my original post was unclear, or you did not read it closely. I am well aware that Stripe is different than Authorize.net. I am asking if the integration is different and would allow you to offer partial refunds, which Authorize.net does not.

Your response implies that the only way to do this with Stripe is if the payment information is saved. You can do it this way with Authorize.net, too, using the Virtual Terminal. Would a partial refund with stripe require using the virtual terminal?

If doing partial refunds requires a saved payment profile, I would personally consider the post to be misleading.

Comment

I've updated the blog to clarify this, and thank you for bringing it to my attention.

If a customer chooses to store their payment information as an encrypted alias, there is no need to access a virtual terminal to issue full or partial refunds. This can be done directly from your 3dcart Store Manager.

However, if a customer chooses not to store their information, you will have to access a virtual terminal in order to offer refunds. Make sense?

Comment

Can you explain how one does this directly from the 3DCart Store Manager?
          I assume that you use the 3DCart Virtual Terminal, which is what I was referring to.

Comment

Happy to. To offer full or partial refunds from your 3dcart Store Manager, simply navigate to the "Orders" tab and locate the specific order in question. Once found, click the "Edit" button. From there, you will see a field that allows you to offer refunds directly.

Remember, if a customer chooses not to store their payment information (an option that is given to them at checkout) refunds can always be granted via Stripe's virtual terminal.

Comment

Other shopping carts allow Partial Refunds with Authorize.net. I see it as a coding issue, not a PCI compliance issue.

Comment

Other carts do offer the ability to issue partial refunds directly from the admin interface. I'm currently switching from Shopify and use Authorize.net and can issue partial refunds directly from the customer's order page in my shop's admin. I don't have to log in to my virtual terminal or make extra notes on the customer order page. It's all just handled in 1 simple step.

I'm curious why 3dcart does not do this.

Comment

Working...
                X