Retail Price and Savings updates with cost options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retail Price and Savings updates with cost options

When users add options (with extra cost), the "Your Price" price changes. But, "Your Savings" does not. Customers get really confused because their price is higher than the retail price.

Is there anyone else who needs to have the retail price and Your Savings update dynamically with the extra cost options?

There is also an older thread:
    http://forums.3dcart.com/general-con...e-options.html
    Last edited by Davef; 10-19-2013, 02:41 PM.

There are a couple of areas that don't change when you have options with different prices. One is the Your Savings and another is the Rewards points calculations. This should be added to a list of bug/implementation fixes.
    Joanne Barker
    VS Web Design
    [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by vswebdesign View Post
      There are a couple of areas that don't change when you have options with different prices. One is the Your Savings and another is the Rewards points calculations. This should be added to a list of bug/implementation fixes.
      Yes, I've asked for it several times. Apparently, I'm the only one that has a problem with this.

Comment

Not the only one....just not sure it has the attention of the development team. As more and more features are added, it seems that options are not considered high priority.
        Joanne Barker
        VS Web Design
        [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by vswebdesign View Post
          Not the only one....just not sure it has the attention of the development team. As more and more features are added, it seems that options are not considered high priority.
          Regrettably, it appears that there is an underlying design/coding issue. They may not have the skills to fix it or maybe it would require too much work. It is easier to add features than to fix things. Unfortunately we receive calls about this from customers who think that they are now paying more than the normal retail price. And that means that there are even more potential customers who did not call.

Comment

I added this thread to the new features area:

http://forums.3dcart.com/new-feature...html#post30926

Please add to it with your observations as well.
            Joanne Barker
            VS Web Design
            [email protected]

Comment

Hey everyone,
              We appreciate your desire to have this feature implemented/fixed, and I assure you that our developers are paying attention.
              vswwebdesign -- Great job submitting the request. This is a solid course of action to take as our developers monitor this feed all the time.
              I also recommend submitting your request via UserVoice. Fellow 3dcart users can then vote on this request, and if enough support is garnered, that will ensure its implementation in the next release.
              Thanks,
              Bryan Shaw
              Community Manager at 3dcart

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan Shaw View Post
                Hey everyone,
                We appreciate your desire to have this feature implemented/fixed, and I assure you that our developers are paying attention.
                vswwebdesign -- Great job submitting the request. This is a solid course of action to take as our developers monitor this feed all the time.
                I also recommend submitting your request via UserVoice. Fellow 3dcart users can then vote on this request, and if enough support is garnered, that will ensure its implementation in the next release.
                Thanks,
                Bryan Shaw
                Community Manager at 3dcart
                On UserVoice, this has been DECLINED. Apparently not enough interest. However, based on phone calls and emails, it is significantly impacting our sales (and many others don't both to contact us. They just walk away). I don't know if it can be reopened.
                https://3dcart.uservoice.com/forums/...ls-on-options-
                Last edited by Davef; 11-20-2013, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Davef View Post
                  On UserVoice, this has been DECLINED. Apparently not enough interest.
                  The UserVoice system is really not conducive to participation. With only three votes and a hundred suggestions how can we pick? It seems it would be better to have more points and limit how many you can apply to any one suggestion.

Comment

I found someone who provided this for us and did a very good job, very quickly. If you'd like to contact them, please send me a pm.

Comment

Working...
                    X