No price - Google listing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No price - Google listing

We have a product that we'd like to quote over the phone. But, if we list no price, Google does not show product. The best we can come up with is to list the product at the lowest price and then have a checkbox to "call for quote".

Does anyone have a workaround to this?

For example, disable the "Add to Cart" button and display a popup with "call us for quote"

I would do this with javascript.

Here is a rough approach. It will take a little tech knowledge.
    1. I would set an extra field for use to be called "Quote Only" i.e. extra field 3.
    2. In the listing template, I would place an ID div in the extra field 3. <div id="quote"></div>
    3. Have javascript hide the buy now button and the price when the div id=quote is present.
    4. Have javascript place an image or text in the buy now area with an explanation to call now for a quote.

With this approach, Any product you type anything into extra field 3 will active the quote logic.

This way the product has a price for google, but the customer will not see the buy now button, but content to call for a quote.

If you want to get fancy, you could have the call now for quote text and a mini contact form for a callback quote.

jeff
    Jeff

The Wedding Printer

Comment

Thanks. I love your ideas, especially the mini-contact. I had second thoughts on this because Google may think I'm trying to mislead the customer. Instead I just want to help them order the right configurations based on the size. But, no need to rattle the Googlites.

Comment

You could leave the price on the page to keep the Googlitites happy. You might change the wording to "Starting From" or "Base Price".

jeff
        Jeff

The Wedding Printer

Comment

Working...
        X