Unable to add to cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to add to cart

Unless the customer is a registered user.
    I WANT the customer to register when they purchase, but I DO want them to be able to add to cart without being registered.
    Is this possible?

Yes. Store settings -> Checkout settings -> Password is required

Comment

Well, if I log out I can not add items to cart.

My point is that I WANT folks to be to add to cart without being logged in or registered.

I DO want them to register when they purchase, but not necessarily when just adding to cart.

So I logged out as a customer, attempted to add to cart, there is no add to cart button, unless I log in.

Comment

With the setting I gave you, you can add items to cart, but you cannot complete checkout unless you register.

If your store is not letting you add to cart without being logged in, then you changed a different setting.

Comment

Well, I see the
          "Require login "To Buy".

I have it set to "To Buy".

There really is no other option unless I allow purchases without registering, which I do not want.

Comment

Change it to "Not required". The setting I gave you will do what you want. This is the third time I have answered the question.

Comment

Originally posted by cbsteven View Post
              Change it to "Not required". The setting I gave you will do what you want. This is the third time I have answered the question.
              And the third time this does not fix my problem.
              If I change it to "not required" people can purchase without registering, which is not what I want.

Comment

Have you actually tried what I suggested?
                If your checkout setting is PASSWORD REQUIRED, then you will NOT be able to check out without registering.

Instead of repeatedly telling me that I don't understand your question and that my advice is wrong, how about you try actually doing what I suggest, and then thanking me for my time and helping you out.

Comment

Be nice everyone. Ecommerce comes easier to some than it does to others. Also, patience is a virtue.
                  Here's what I suggest...
                  Muldrick82, look into what cbsteven is suggesting. I think it may offer a solution to your problem. If that's not exactly what you're looking for, kindly reiterate your request more clearly, and I have no doubt one of our knowledgeable Community Members will be happy to assist.
                  Good luck,
                  Bryan Shaw
                  Community Manager at 3dcart

Comment

Hi guys...

There are two settings in question.

Under Settings -> General Store Settings -> Checkout Settings, the Password Required will make sure that the customer has to have an account before they are able to check out.

The Require Login field under the Product Settings needs to be Not Required so that anyone can look at the prices and add to cart without having an account.

Joanne
                    Joanne Barker
                    VS Web Design
                    [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by vswebdesign View Post
                      Hi guys...

There are two settings in question.

Under Settings -> General Store Settings -> Checkout Settings, the Password Required will make sure that the customer has to have an account before they are able to check out.

The Require Login field under the Product Settings needs to be Not Required so that anyone can look at the prices and add to cart without having an account.

Joanne
                      Thanks very much Joanne, that answers it much better for me :)

Comment

You're welcome.

Comment

Working...
                        X