Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Different shipping rate for a department/category.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different shipping rate for a department/category.

I charge $7.99 for shipping regardless of what you order or of the dollar total or weight of your order.

Here is my problem.

2 of my departments/categories are "stickers" and "patches". I am losing sales because people don't want to pay $7.99 to ship just a couple of stickers or patches. I don't blame them.

Is there a way to code or setup my website so that if they ONLY order items from those 2 categories, shipping will only be say $2.99, which is less than the $7.99 standard shipping charge. And if they add an item to the cart that isn't in those 2 categories, the shipping charge reverts back to my standard rate of .$7.99

Thanks.
    Mark

Sunshine Daydream Hippie Shop
    www.sunshinedaydream.biz

Originally posted by SunshineDaydream View Post
    I charge $7.99 for shipping regardless of what you order or of the dollar total or weight of your order.

Here is my problem.

2 of my departments/categories are "stickers" and "patches". I am losing sales because people don't want to pay $7.99 to ship just a couple of stickers or patches. I don't blame them.

Is there a way to code or setup my website so that if they ONLY order items from those 2 categories, shipping will only be say $2.99, which is less than the $7.99 standard shipping charge. And if they add an item to the cart that isn't in those 2 categories, the shipping charge reverts back to my standard rate of .$7.99

Thanks.
    Mark
    Not exactly. You can give every product a weight of 1lb. Then give all the stickers etc a weight of 0.01lbs . Then set up a weight based shipping.

Comment

Working...
    X