mCommerce for mobile devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mCommerce for mobile devices

I am looking to try a mobile device friendly interface.

Is anybody using 3Dcarts mCommerce and has there been any problems especially with checkout. It seems like a very basic version and not W3C validated with 41 errors & 12 warnings.

Any tips about what you are using, what to do or what not to do will be appreciated.

Thanks
    Patriot Al
    www.BackyardWildBirds.com

There is a problem with checkout if you are using PayPal Pro. PayPal Express, which is included with the installation of PayPal Pro, does not work with the mobile templates. We have lost orders. 3dCart support confirmed this and following their suggestion put this up for vote on Feature Request. See our thread in the Merchant Accounts and Payments section of the forum.
    Luxlife

Comment

We are using Paypal Pro and our checkout is working. We do not use pay express, though. I'm not crazy about the mobile site, I don't like the way it looks or the way it handles. I think it's too generic and simple but for now, it works

Comment

The issue is with PayPal Express.
        Luxlife

Comment

mCommerce for mobile devices

Thanks for your input. I am using Paypal Pro but have disabled Paypal Express in my regular website. I will have to do the same here.

I believe 3Dcart should have a major upgrade for their mCommerce to be fully functional and useful. Especially true because mobile does seem to be dominating the future with smart phones and tablets. If we want to follow our customers, we need to have a presence or will miss out on sales.

3Dcart's knowledgebase says to not edit the mobile templates themselves and can only edit the CSS file "themes.min.css" at " web/mobile/themes/jqt " for appearance etc. After saving all original files. I believe it is possible to edit the templates code at " web/mobile/templates/ " and will have to do so to correct all of their W3c validation errors and correct their <!doctype html> settings. And then make all the code changes necesssary to have the mobile website work as needed.

I wanted to ask for all your input first to see if this effort on mCommerce was worth my time. If mCommerce can't be made useful now, I may just have to make my regular website a little more mobile friendly or look for another web solution.

Thanks again.
          Patriot Al
          www.BackyardWildBirds.com

Comment

Working...
          X