No announcement yet.

SmarterMail Send Receive Errors Since Hitting Limit

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • SmarterMail Send Receive Errors Since Hitting Limit

    Hello all,

    This morning I received an alert saying that we reached our 500MB limit. I went in a deleted emails directly through the SmarterMail online interface. Shortly after that every email address we have started getting send receive errors in Outlook. At this point I had not changed anything at all. I simply deleted emails like I've done many times before. As I got into email address that are not frequently used I had to start changing passwords because they didn't meet the 12 character criteria.

    We're still getting the following error:

    Task '[username] - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

    I haven't been able to get help from 3dcart, so I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this and what you did to fix it. I was thinking maybe I freaked out the server by deleting and changing so much.


  • #2
    Have you tried logging into SmarterMail with your root account and doing a ReIndex of the user accounts?

    We've had issues in the past and that's helped us.


    • #3

      Thanks for taking the time to recommend that. I gave it a try and we're still having issues. I think something somewhere is blocking us from using the email server. I've been on the phone with both our ISP and 3dcart and we're still unable to receive emails.

      We're looking into getting a different email host right now, but it would be really awesome if the email offered by 3dcart was working until then.

      If it does get resolved before we switch I'll be sure to post it here. I would love to save even one person from going through all this.




      • #4

        We're back to using SmarterMail. Our IP was blocked, 3dcart took care of it and now everything is hunky dory.

        When I originally called in 3dcart said we were blocked and that they unblocked us, but we were still unable to send or receive. After several more days it was discovered that we were still blocked and were unblocked again. After that I haven't seen any issues. Thanks 3dcart support!