price quote vie Email

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• price quote vie Email

I sell a lot of custom products. I want to create a new product with a bunch of options. I need to change the add to cart button on certain products to a "request "quote" button. I want it to be added to the orders list in the backend, and recieve an email with all the options and info the person filled in. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks

You could do this with javascript, to hide the Add to Cart button and replace it with something else and all, but there's a software-supported way to do this.

First, you would start by utilizing a separate listing template. You can assign listing templates in the Advanced tab of a product. If you're using Style 1 currently, then work with Style 2 for example.

In any case, in your new listing template, swap out the Add to Cart button with your "Request Quote" button.

Be sure to specify that listing template on any product with which you want to utilize quotes. Those products will then show the Request Quote button instead of Add to Cart.

The problem with this method is that it is still effectively adding the item to the cart. So if someone tried to purchase a regular item and then request a quote on a quotable item, it's going to add them both to the cart.
    - Dean P. e-commerce and small business consulting

Comment

This solves the problem of getting a 'Request Quote' button on the front-end, but there is no real support for this work flow in the backend. It would either still allow them to make a purchase, or maybe link to an email form...

Originally posted by DeanP View Post
      You could do this with javascript, to hide the Add to Cart button and replace it with something else and all, but there's a software-supported way to do this.

First, you would start by utilizing a separate listing template. You can assign listing templates in the Advanced tab of a product. If you're using Style 1 currently, then work with Style 2 for example.

In any case, in your new listing template, swap out the Add to Cart button with your "Request Quote" button.

Be sure to specify that listing template on any product with which you want to utilize quotes. Those products will then show the Request Quote button instead of Add to Cart.

The problem with this method is that it is still effectively adding the item to the cart. So if someone tried to purchase a regular item and then request a quote on a quotable item, it's going to add them both to the cart.

Comment

I was just going over this with a chat rep the other day asking if this was possible. Took him almost 10min of looking through stuff to finally tell me there was no function and that he was putting in a ticket *doubt that happened, as usual*.

This is a MUST needed option for my site. We do a lot of custom products and now we are expanding to other products that we can't even list on the site because we need a Request Quote button that sends an email and not just adds it to the cart because the price can range depending on the image(s) they upload and other factors like simple cuts vs. intricate cuts, round corners vs. 90 degree corners, etc...

I can't believe there are free carts that can have this option but not this one. :/

3DCart, please work on this feature!!!

I added this question in the Feature Request section. Reply there as well if you guys want.
        Last edited by RhinoTek; 02-23-2015, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X