No announcement yet.

I have a freelancer that works for me and all of the sudden she can't log in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a freelancer that works for me and all of the sudden she can't log in

I have a freelancer that works for me and all of the sudden she can't log into the admin. My site is on a server that keeps being restarted because of mysterious DNS issues. Also I have many delayed and rejected system emails coming back to me (199 to be exact since May 2013 but most are in May, then they started up again end of Sept when my sales started to slow and all the other issues began). Over the past month, a few people trying to view my store have reported that they got a 403 forbidden error and couldn't get on to the site. Last week I tried to log into my admin multiple times and each time I was kicked out, it said I was logged on at another computer, but I wasn't. All of this and my site keeps crashing, sales are slow since all of this started happening (and when I say slow, I mean a quarter what they should be), a few times ship methods disappeared for customers and had issues calculating and a bunch of times credit card payment choices disappeared, customers couldn't complete checkout. Also, credit cards were getting denied when testing from within the admin. I feel it is all tied together. 3dcart isn't doing anything to fix any of this and just keeps making excuses. It's of course infuriating. I have asked to be moved to a different server but in typical 3dcart style, I just get ignored.

Any opinions/ideas? She sent a ticket to 3dcart and this was their reply...

"The change in IP address is why you're session is being closed. Unfortunately, there is no workaround for this beyond logging in from a device that is connected to a network with a static IP address (or, if it's dynamic, make sure that it is not refreshed so frequently). Many wifi networks or mobile devices will recycle your IP address too frequently and you will be logged out as soon as this happens"

If my employee can't all of the sudden sign in, is the same thing happening to some customers when they sign into their account? I don't know what is going on here but people being kicked out because their IP address is changing constantly due to their IP provider doing it sounds like something I can not even imagine being right. Right?

No, only the admin backend has that IP restriction. If your employee is using the same login as you, then of course you're going to have this problem. If that's the case, give her her own login.

In any case, quickly changing IP address will do exactly what they say. There are a number of ways to remedy that, depending on your setup.
    - Dean P. e-commerce and small business consulting

Comment

She has her own login and password

Comment

Okay. The next thing you want to address is the issue of your IP address changing - that can result in you needing to log in over and over. Consider assigning static IPs to your computers / devices.
        - Dean P. e-commerce and small business consulting

Comment

Thanks. She is a freelancer, she doesn't work in house. She works in an office and I or she can not control her IP address.

Comment

Working...
          X