Gift Wrap Problem!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gift Wrap Problem!!!

Well, now that holiday season is beginning the new gift wrap module we waited so long for is being put to the test. Unfortunately I have found a problem that has already cost us sales. Did you know that if I customer orders multiple of the same item and chooses gift wrap, they will be charged for wrapping for each of the items whether they want them all wrapped or not? Support did work on this for me, and came up with this workaround:

"I have come up with a work around that you can do in cases such as these; however, at this time there is not a setting for it to only apply it to one gift at a time.

Go to the product. Under product options, it says "Shipping to multiple addresses? No problem!", she can select "myself", put the quantity as 1, and then add it to the cart. Go back to the product, select "other" and type in the person's name, put the quantity as 1, and add it to the cart. This way the products are separated; however, she can still send them both to her address if she would like. On the view cart page, she can click on "Ship To ___________, Edit Address". You will also notice that now she has the option of selecting which product she wants the gift wrapping to be applied to by selecting "Click here to add gift wrap to this item."

So... I certainly appreciate them figuring out a way to make it only charge one time, but that is definitely not a user friendly solution. Anyone else have any ideas about this?
    Laura Z
    Brass & Silver Traditions
    www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

So you can't just set it up to just gift wrap the entire order? That's what we were planning on doing shortly.

Comment

Nope. It charges them per item, so the only way that would work would be if they ordered all different SKUs. If they add gift wrap to an item, it will charge them for every one of that item number that they order. So, if we had a customer order four of one item and wanted them wrapped as a gift, it will charge them FOUR TIMES! Completely ridiculous. 3dCart, PLEASE fix this!!! It is going to cause major problems during the holiday season.
      Laura Z
      Brass & Silver Traditions
      www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

We kept our gift wrap the same as we had it before this new feature. Knew from the beginning it was not ready for prime time.
        We have Gift Wrap as a product with a Gift Wrap image on the shopping cart. The product uses a special listing template with a big button to get back to the shopping cart. This works very satisfactorily.

This feature is typical of many 3dcart features offered only so they can be put on the list of features. Half cooked and missing many basic functionalities.

Comment

Originally posted by elightbox View Post
          We kept our gift wrap the same as we had it before this new feature. Knew from the beginning it was not ready for prime time.
          We have Gift Wrap as a product with a Gift Wrap image on the shopping cart. The product uses a special listing template with a big button to get back to the shopping cart. This works very satisfactorily.

This feature is typical of many 3dcart features offered only so they can be put on the list of features. Half cooked and missing many basic functionalities.
          Ugh. Wonderful. I echo your sentiments. Seems they never test these features with actual customers. And getting them to make the features useful after being released is very difficult.

So how do your customers know about gift wrapping?

Comment

We have a big self explanatory button on the shopping cart page.

We have the item setup with an Option with a Text Area (see image). Then as I mentioned above we use a dedicated listing page that is customized with instructions and a big button to go back to the shopping cart.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hmm...I suppose that could work. What does your shopping cart page look like?

Comment

elightbox, can you post a link to your web site? I'd like to see what you did if you don't mind.
                Joanne Barker
                VS Web Design
                [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by elightbox View Post

Sadly, agreed. I'm starting to look around at other cart options.

Comment

elightbox's solution worked great.... Thanks for the wonderful idea!
                    Joanne Barker
                    VS Web Design
                    [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                    X