FREE Shipping Promotion Has ALL methods as free

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FREE Shipping Promotion Has ALL methods as free

Hi, I've set up a promotion for free shipping when a certain promotion code is entered. However, instead of a simple free shipping option being displayed at checkout, a free shipping option is displayed and ALL my other shipping methods (like 2 Day and Express) are showing a value of $0.00. Is this the way it is supposed to work or have a forgotten to set something.

Garlic Festival Foods - Garlic seasonings and sauces from Gilroy

promo code "cybergarlic"
    Joanne Barker
    VS Web Design
    [email protected]

I just tried it and it worked as expected. One free shipping option and the rest of the methods had their own rates.

Comment

Hi...I meant to come back and update this.

The way this is working (and it's not a bug per se, but a questionable implementation) is that if you have a FREE Shipping promotion for the whole order (not just on a specific product or category) AND you have "Exclude free shipping items from real time calculation" checked, it treats ALL of the items in the shopping cart as free and the other shipping methods you have will come back with no rates.

You need to make sure that the "Exclude free...." is unchecked for this to work.
      Joanne Barker
      VS Web Design
      [email protected]

Comment

I just went through this myself, and it took me several different attempts to figure out the problem, while at the same time causing customer confusion. I agree, not necessarily a bug, but it is yet another clunky "feature" that doesn't quite work as efficiently or as intuitively as it should.

Originally posted by vswebdesign View Post
        Hi...I meant to come back and update this.

The way this is working (and it's not a bug per se, but a questionable implementation) is that if you have a FREE Shipping promotion for the whole order (not just on a specific product or category) AND you have "Exclude free shipping items from real time calculation" checked, it treats ALL of the items in the shopping cart as free and the other shipping methods you have will come back with no rates.

You need to make sure that the "Exclude free...." is unchecked for this to work.

Comment

Working...
        X