X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cbsteven
    replied
    Originally posted by Lovedreamer View Post
    How were you able to setup those signup options? Is that all within Mailchimp or on 3Dcart? With the new CASL, we need to make sure our customers are opting in instead of us just adding them. Curious how you were able to configure your setup.
    Custom programming... I use the 3DCart API to find the appropriately opted-in customer list, and the Mailchimp API to send it to our MC mailing list.

You will probably need to hire a programmer to do this for you. It's probably a few hundred dollars of work.

Leave a comment:

• Lovedreamer
    replied
    Can I ask how you setup those options?

How were you able to setup those signup options? Is that all within Mailchimp or on 3Dcart? With the new CASL, we need to make sure our customers are opting in instead of us just adding them. Curious how you were able to configure your setup.

Originally posted by cbsteven View Post
    Yes, the 3DCart newsletter system has some major flaws. My solution was to export everyone to Mailchimp.
    I capture:
    - Everyone who signs up for the newsletter
    - Everyone who creates a user account and checks the "contact me" box
    - Everyone who places an order without an account but who checks a "contact me" checkout question

It took some time and effort to set up but the end result is really good, and Mailchimp is a joy to use.

Leave a comment:

• cbsteven
    replied
    Yes, the 3DCart newsletter system has some major flaws. My solution was to export everyone to Mailchimp.
    I capture:
    - Everyone who signs up for the newsletter
    - Everyone who creates a user account and checks the "contact me" box
    - Everyone who places an order without an account but who checks a "contact me" checkout question

It took some time and effort to set up but the end result is really good, and Mailchimp is a joy to use.

Leave a comment:

• artec
    replied
    Originally posted by cbsteven View Post
    The problem is that he is sending email to 'all' customers, which is not how the system is supposed to be used. The customer list and the mailing list are very (and oddly) separate.
    Why make it an option to send to ALL then?

My customer's don't really care much for signing up for newsletters but definitely want to know when I have a sale. It seems like a simple fix to just make the link for unsubscribe actually add their email address to the blacklist. Unfortunately, I cannot find any documentation on the blacklist or how to modify the unsubscribe link.

I know several other companies in the same situation (very few actual newsletter subscribers) that would benefit from this change. I'm getting very upset customers because they click the unsubscribe button 20 times and still get my emails.
    Last edited by artec; 12-14-2013, 04:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• cbsteven
    replied
    Originally posted by Evolution View Post
    Have you opened a ticket with 3d? I would THINK their module would have to unsubscribe them to be canspam compliant.
    The problem is that he is sending email to 'all' customers, which is not how the system is supposed to be used. The customer list and the mailing list are very (and oddly) separate.

Leave a comment:

• Evolution
    replied
    Originally posted by artec View Post
    Is there a way to make the "unsubscribe" button add them to the blacklist?
    Have you opened a ticket with 3d? I would THINK their module would have to unsubscribe them to be canspam compliant.

Leave a comment:

• brassandsilver
    replied
    That is exactly why we never, ever send messages to all instead of the mailing list subscribers. I think the only way you could do this would be to approach this the other way around. You would need to import/add all of your customers to the mailing list. That way they actually have the option to unsubscribe.

Leave a comment:

• artec
    started a topic Newsletter Unsubscribe=blacklist

Newsletter Unsubscribe=blacklist

I currently use the newsletter to send out not only newsletters but promos as well. Most of my customers don't take the initiative to subscribe to a newsletter but they are good returning customers. So we want them to know about our promotions.

When I go to send out a newsletter I usually choose the option to send to "Customers-All" not "Customers- On Mailing list" since there are far fewer subscribers.

This means that some people who did not want to receive my emails receive them. Normally I would think that by hitting the unsubscribe button, this would add them to the blacklist but it doesn't and I get angry customers who keep getting my emails, but followed the directions to unsubscribe. Since the holidays are here, I'm going to be sending lots of emails so I want to make sure I'm not upsetting anyone.

Is there a way to make the "unsubscribe" button add them to the blacklist?
Working...
X