Stock Status on Confirmation e-mail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock Status on Confirmation e-mail

Is there a way to include the inventory status on the Order Confirmation E-mail?

Anyone knows how, or has a workaround?

There is a way I was able to do it using the [availability_itemprop] variable, I think, but when the e-mail was sent it actually gave the availability after the order was placed, so if someone ordered the last of an item, it erronously said it was out of stock.

Comment

Thanks for sharing.

I think trying to use the stock value after the order would just create more confusion. I wish there was a way to indicate the actual status of the order items.

Comment

I completely agree. If there's a way, I wasn't able to find it. I always try to be up front with customers about stock, special order, back order, etc. but 3DCart doesn't always make this easy on me. Results in a lot of time spent sending e-mails back and forth after an order is placed, which sucks when most of the questions/issues could be resolved or avoided if 3DCart was a little more robust with stock/availability being displayed in the cart and/or confirmation e-mails.

Comment

try "[itemdescription]" as the variable

Hi 2n1skate,

I was advised by our developers that there's a a specific variable that can be used for this purpose:

[itemdescription]

From what I was told and from some quick testing, it takes the availability of the item at the time of purchase and inserts it into the rendered page/email.

With this information in hand, we went ahead and created a KB article that describes it in more detail.

https://support.3dcart.com/Knowledgebase/Article/view/629

Hope this helps!

Comment

Thanks 3dCartHenry. This will be very helpful.

Comment

Upon testing, this is a: In Stock / Out of Stock status. Which is misleading if someone orders two and you only have one in stock. It will show "In Stock"

I added it to our Merchant notification e-mail, at least I can immediately see out of stock items. It does not help with back orders.

Comment

Originally posted by elightbox View Post
                Upon testing, this is a: In Stock / Out of Stock status. Which is misleading if someone orders two and you only have one in stock. It will show "In Stock"
                I tried to find this feature also and could not figure out how to resolve the problem you describe.

What we wanted to do is, if any order line items were backordered, have that included on the email so that the customers knew. Even though it is clearly stated on the site, we know that reading comprehension can be umm, a bit lacking.

Comment

Originally posted by 3dCartHenry View Post
                  Hi 2n1skate,

I was advised by our developers that there's a a specific variable that can be used for this purpose:

[itemdescription]

From what I was told and from some quick testing, it takes the availability of the item at the time of purchase and inserts it into the rendered page/email.

With this information in hand, we went ahead and created a KB article that describes it in more detail.

https://support.3dcart.com/Knowledgebase/Article/view/629

Hope this helps!
                  This is perfect, thanks!

Comment

This is perfect, thanks!
                    Sorry, but this is not even doable.

It will only cause more problems, because the confirmation e-mail will say "in-stock" for backordered items (if partially available). A customer can order multiples of an items via next day air, and their confirmation e-mail says "in-stock" (even though availability says only Qty:1 is in stock).

Try explaining to them later when they are livid that you cannot ship their "in-stock" items. Typically they did not see the availability on the site, and will hold you to the confirmation e-mail.
                    Last edited by elightbox; 04-17-2014, 06:29 PM.

Comment

I did notice this as well. It should take into account the quantity ordered.

It's better than it was, but I agree this is an issue that should be fixed.

Comment

Working...
                      X