Version 6.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Version 6.1

My cart was upgraded to 6.1 over the weekend. I did not see anything special, but today I found a new set of common templates. The folder is called common-html5.

All the templates are coded with divs instead of tables. The Settings=>Design=>Themes & Styles has a new tab for HTML5 Templates.

There are no templates on the tab, just the following:
    Please Note: This section is currently in the beta testing phases and is not yet available. Please stay tuned to 3dcart's communication channels such as the user forum, Facebook page and blog for information as to when this area will be available.

Really wanted to see the frame template of the new HTML5 templates.

The css folder does have a style-sheet called responsive.css. It looks like we might be getting a responsive template.

jeff
    Jeff

The Wedding Printer

One of my client's stores got it as well. One things thats new is the admin timeout. I find it rather annoying.

There is also a setting to force strong passwords on customer accounts

Comment

i'd like to see these so called html5 templates.

hopefully the rollout is swift. havnt seen one yet on my store.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruppy View Post
        One of my client's stores got it as well. One things thats new is the admin timeout. I find it rather annoying.
        I totally agree on the timeout. It is way to aggressive. And there is no way to adjust it. I already called into the desk. There used to be a way to adjust the length of time, but it is gone.

jeff
        Jeff

The Wedding Printer

Comment

PCI compliance at its best

Comment

Originally posted by jcocking View Post
            I totally agree on the timeout. It is way to aggressive. And there is no way to adjust it. I already called into the desk. There used to be a way to adjust the length of time, but it is gone.

jeff
            The setting to adjust is in general settings a few lines below the version number. It goes from 10 minutes to 8 hours now.

Comment

Originally posted by jleclair View Post
              i'd like to see these so called html5 templates.

hopefully the rollout is swift. havnt seen one yet on my store.
              You probably won't see any until after x-mas.

In light of all this. I am going to be pulling the trigger on offering our own. I have quite a few that already I built over the summer which I left unavailable until I could see 3dcarts and how it would be implemented.

I decided to rebuild my original responsive framework with no extensive scripting (outside of 3dcarts built in script) Been pulling some 3am nights to get it done.

I will be posting a video demo hopefully tonight, showing all responsive aspects.
              TheCartDesigner.com
              Not 3dcart Owned or Operated
              100% Independent 3dcart Expert

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

I'm working on one myself. Look forward to seeing yours 3dd.

I also spoke too soon. My dev site got updated to 6.1 and i was able to download the raw files. There's no css with them currently though.

Although there are small hints of what could be a responsive framework, I still believe there will be a strong market for outside customization, as my socks were not blown off.

Still a lot of script tags distributed somewhat willy nilly, but i haven't seen too many inline styles so thats a good plus.

Now if only their backend would stop injecting html blocks where they don't belong, my need for onload rewrites could disappear.

Comment

Originally posted by jleclair View Post
                  Although there are small hints of what could be a responsive framework
                  It is responsive framework.
                  TheCartDesigner.com

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Ruppy View Post
                    The setting to adjust is in general settings a few lines below the version number. It goes from 10 minutes to 8 hours now.
                    Thank you for pointing this out.

I am also just about finished with my responsive design. Just need to finish loading 2,500 products.

Who needs to sleep?

jeff
                    Jeff

The Wedding Printer

Comment

I keep hearing snippets about the responsive templates as the current mobile template just does not cut it for me. Are theses going to have ALL of the template html files coded "responsively". Early on I heard it was just the home page and a couple of others.

Looking forward to getting access to these.

Comment

They have it so that all of the individual pages will react in responsive situations
                        TheCartDesigner.com

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by 3dcartdesigns View Post
                          They have it so that all of the individual pages will react in responsive situations
                          Excellent news. I look forward to seeing them and dreading the migration.

Comment

Unless your heavily modified, migration should not be overwhelming. I have fixed a few issues in their files already. But it is beta still, so hopefully they will figure out the issues also.
                            TheCartDesigner.com

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

My cart just got updated to this as well. Any body know if they have a list of changes yet?

So far the last two updates have not had any change log posted!

Comment

Working...
                              X