Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trigger 'Order Shipped' Notification email via API?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trigger 'Order Shipped' Notification email via API?

By using the Advanced API, i built a project to automatically upload the order tracking file each day.

Everything works great, but when it changes the order statuses from 'NEW' to 'SHIPPED', it does not trigger the automated notification email to each of the customers that their order has been shipped, like it does when you manually upload a tracking file.

Any idea how to trigger this notification email through the API? It also contains the tracking number in the email.

EDIT: Just wanted to let everyone else know who is wondering the same thing that this is correct. Once i converted back to using the basic API to update my order statuses and shipping, the notifications are now working. Thanks
    Last edited by X5000; 12-20-2013, 04:24 PM.

I'm pretty sure that when using the Advanced API the answer is no. You're re-writing the fields in a raw fashion and it isn't triggering automatic actions. You can use the regular API, or handle your own email.

Comment

Originally posted by cbsteven View Post
      I'm pretty sure that when using the Advanced API the answer is no. You're re-writing the fields in a raw fashion and it isn't triggering automatic actions. You can use the regular API, or handle your own email.
      So by using the regular API, you believe the email notifications will be sent out? if this is the case, i will definitely try this. Thanks

Comment

99% sure that it will. I use ShipWorks which updates order status, and I imagine it has to use the regular API to do it. Emails are triggered.

Comment

Originally posted by cbsteven View Post
          99% sure that it will. I use ShipWorks which updates order status, and I imagine it has to use the regular API to do it. Emails are triggered.
          Just wanted to let everyone else know who is wondering the same thing that this is correct. Once i converted back to using the basic API to update my order statuses and shipping, the notifications are now working. Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X