Product export fields

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Product export fields

Need some clarification on fields exported for products. In looking at the item in the manager, the "Price" field is always equal to the "Price Level 1" field. When you export the item, the CSV shows "price" and "price_1" but "price" shows value shown in manager and "price_1" shows as "0". What am I missing here?

price_1 is an obsolete field and is no longer used for anything.

Comment

Thanks man. Makes more sense now.

Comment

price_1 is NOT obsolete it is the field that contains your price level values if you use price levels. See "Advanced" tab on any product in the store manager
        Elegant Weddings +
        www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
        www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

Yes it is. "Price Level 1" uses price1. "Price Level 2" through "Price Level 10" use price_2 through price_10. price_1 is not used. I asked this same question to Jimmy several months ago.

The price_1 column was created with the price levels initially, then disregarded because it was conflicting with the PRICE field. The field is still on the database for any stores but it’s no longer in use.

Comment

It is not obsolete if you can hide that level by clicking on the "Hide on this level" check box. If you try it you'll see your product goes to "does not exist" as it is tied in with your default price level.
            Elegant Weddings +

Comment

I'm not sure what you are saying. The Price Level 1 field displayed on the Advanced Tab is tied to the 'price1' database field, not the 'price_1' database field.

Comment

Originally posted by cbsteven View Post
                I'm not sure what you are saying. The Price Level 1 field displayed on the Advanced Tab is tied to the 'price1' database field, not the 'price_1' database field.
                'price_1' and 'price' are tied together. if you hide the price level 'price_1' you will see your item will hide from front end for your basic level.
                Elegant Weddings +

Comment

The value of 'price_1' in the database is not used for anything.

Comment

Working...
                  X