GIft Certificates and Shipping Charges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GIft Certificates and Shipping Charges

When a customer purchases a Gift Certificate only, they are presented with shipping options. Even though I have set the weight and shipping dimensions to 0 and have Free Shipping checked, the customer is still presented with USPS and FedEx options making the customer think that we are sending a physical gift as opposed to an email.

Is there any way to suppress the shipping options when carts have gift certificates only?
    Joanne Barker
    VS Web Design
    [email protected]

I just tested this and I see that all the shipping options show up at 0.00.

It is still confusing for customers.

Are you saying your are actually seeing shipping charges there?
    Attached Files

Comment

Yup...this is what I see with a GC only in my cart....

UPDATE: I set Exclude Free Shipping Items from Real Time Calculations and ALL of my shipping options were $0.00. Still confusing to customers, but at least they won't get charged for shipping that doesn't happen. You would think that gift certificates (essentially digital products) would not have a shipping method assigned.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by vswebdesign; 01-05-2014, 08:35 PM.
      Joanne Barker
      VS Web Design
      [email protected]

Comment

I would write a bit of javascript to hide the shipping options entirely but only when a gift certificate is the only item in cart. You could probably do this by adding a data-id="[catalogid]" attribute to the products in the cart overview, and reading those values with javascript.
        Michael

JES Restaurant Equipment

Comment

Working...
        X