Admin Logging Me Out Automatically Every Few Minutes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admin Logging Me Out Automatically Every Few Minutes

Admin has all of the suddent started to log me out due to inactivity automatically every few minutes.

Is anyone else having this problem?

This has never happened to me before.

I have many admin windows open all the time doing different things on different pages in admin.

This has now become a royal pain.

Has a setting in my admin somehow changed? Has a new setting been introduced? Did 3dcart all of the sunnen make a change and not tell anyone?

Could be a problem with the cookie that 3DCart sets in your browser. Try clearing your browser's cookies and cache.

Originally posted by theblademan View Post
    Admin has all of the suddent started to log me out due to inactivity automatically every few minutes.

Is anyone else having this problem?

This has never happened to me before.

I have many admin windows open all the time doing different things on different pages in admin.

This has now become a royal pain.

Has a setting in my admin somehow changed? Has a new setting been introduced? Did 3dcart all of the sunnen make a change and not tell anyone?

Comment

Our apologies for the confusion. Some of our stores are being updated to the new 6.1 version of the 3dcart Software and the logging out from the admin is related to this.

To further maintain our PCI compliance on the platform, an automatic session timeout has been implemented as a security measure on stores using version 6.1.

After a set period of inactivity, the store will log out of the admin automatically. The default timeout on v6.1 is 20 minutes of inactivity and may be more apparent to users when they first get upgraded.

Fortunately, the setting may be configured to allow for longer lengths of time.

The following KB article describes this in more detail:

https://support.3dcart.com/Knowledge...-store-manager

If you are getting repeatedly logged out of the admin, but are not yet on v6.1, then please contact our support team.
      Last edited by 3dcart-Henry; 01-21-2014, 10:46 AM.

Comment

What else

Originally posted by 3dCartHenry View Post
        Our apologies for the confusion. Some of our stores are being updated to the new 6.1 version of the 3dcart Software
        What else is new in 6.1?
        Rob

Comment

This keeps happening to us on one of our stores. We reported it to support about a week ago when it first started happening.
          Support just refers us to the KB article and closes the ticket, even though we specified we are NOT on 6.1 yet.

3DCart needs to train their First and Second level Support better than just telling us to read the KB and figure it out ourselves.
          Elegant Weddings +
          www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
          www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

Working...
          X