Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloglovin'- showing a pretty picture

Hi

I have a link on my blog for people to click and follow me via Bloglovin'. Works great accept that it doesn't pick up a picture from my blog to display next to the text. Looks pretty boring.

Anyone know how to do this? Thanks as ever for your help.

fabricgarden.com.au/blog.asp

PS I have 1 follower - me!
    Last edited by fabricgarden; 01-30-2014, 04:27 PM.
    Sue
    Fabric Garden
    fabricgarden.com.au

That's a new one for us.
    You can always give our support team a call at 1-800-828-6650.
    Thanks, and best of luck.
    Bryan Shaw
    Community Manager at 3dcart
    [email protected]

P.S. Your blog now has two followers!

Comment

Bryan

I looked up help with Bloglovin and the response is that my RSS Feed does not include images. I have checked the code and haven't a clue how to change. Would love some assistance.

If your images are not included in the RSS, they will have to be added to this feed in order for Bloglovin to be able to find and display them. Please contact whoever is responsible for the technical issues of your blog for further assistance.

If the images are already included in the RSS but still not showing up on Bloglovin, they might be in a file format we don't recognize, yet. Please make sure the images are in the format jpeg.

Sue
      Sue
      Fabric Garden
      fabricgarden.com.au

Comment

I am still trying to get this one to work - no one at 3dcart has a clue. Interestingly enough their own blog does not show pictures in Bloglovin either - but it looks like that might be easily fixed as they use WORDPRESS.

So it looks like if I want a blog following - I will need to abandon 3dcart's blog and look at another solution like Wordpress. A shame, but I think it worth it. So a project for next year. I have just invested heavily in a new mobile theme for 3dcart and am generally happy with it.

However, I am now in the market for another cart as well. It might take me a couple of years to gather the will to move - but I can't see any other options. I want to grow my blog .....
        Sue
        Fabric Garden
        fabricgarden.com.au

Comment

I need some clarification.

Are you referring to the "Follow me on bloglovin'" button on the right side?

If so, what do you mean by "a picture from my blog." Which picture?

Are you not able to edit the template to include a picture next to that button?

3DCart's built-in blog is not meant to be a solution for power users. If you want more functionality and control, then yes, considering a platform like WordPress would be a great idea.
          - Dean P. e-commerce and small business consulting

Comment

Thought I would give an update on this post. I have used 3dcart's blog as I wanted the 'integrated' solution promised in the sales pitch!

First a big thank you to Jimmy Rodriguez!

I have had the bloglovin button for a long time (that was easy to install myself), but the feed was problematic. Neither google feedburner nor bloglovin were reading images from my post.

With Jimmy's assistance (making changes to the RSS feed) together with registering with Google Feedburner - images are showing up in both Bloglovin and Google Feedburner. Still got a little testing to see which image it picks up - Blog Image or first picture in the Post.

Hope this helps others out there - it is possible to do!
            Sue
            Fabric Garden
            fabricgarden.com.au

Comment

Grrr. I am sad to say that the fix Jimmy made was lost in recent updates. The RSS blog feed simply does not include the image nor is it formatted (as seen in Google Feedburner). RSS feeds for products work perfectly. Please 3dcart could you fix this permanently?
              Sue
              Fabric Garden
              fabricgarden.com.au

Comment

Fixed again and this time Jimmy has confirmed that the fix will go into development so that all will benefit and hopefully the issue is gone forever!
                Sue
                Fabric Garden
                fabricgarden.com.au

Comment

Our blog post images in 3DC are not showing up in RSS readers either. Care to share what Jimmy did to get the images to appear?

Comment

It took well over a year to get resolved. The post picture function on the blog doesn't work. I did set up Google feedburner and that showed if there was an issue or not (https://feedburner.google.com). I also have the RSS Feeds module enabled. Also read this article. https://support.3dcart.com/Knowledge...ticle/View/235
                    Sue
                    Fabric Garden
                    fabricgarden.com.au

Comment

Working...
                    X