API/CSV Guidelines - Numerous Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• API/CSV Guidelines - Numerous Updates

I am working on a program to update some products that change monthly. I had planned on using the API, but am having some time out and API error issues when running about 200 update API calls. Curious what others are doing?

When you are looking at updating a couple hundred products, how well does the API work to submit the product updates?

What have you learned/follow as guidelines for updating products via the API.

Or do you always drop to csv file and upload?

thank you for your insight.

jeff
    Jeff

The Wedding Printer

Jeff,

200 requests to the API shouldn't be much of a thing. I wrote an import tool for a client to do some special operations via the advanced api, and he was running csv sheets through it at 1500+ rows.

Are you using standard API or Advanced?

Comment

I am running advanced.

I was getting exception errors being thrown by the API that would kill the job.

I could run the program to completion about 1 out of every 3 tries.

My program is taking 60 to 75 second to update about 140 products (two fields). With 1500+ rows, that probably took awhile.

jeff
      Jeff

The Wedding Printer

Comment

Speed wasn't necessarily a requirement in the project. I think it took about 20 minutes to run a batch like that.

I'm not sure what the issue might be, but if you want to get in touch with me, i'd be happy to help where i can.

[email protected] is my email

Comment

Working...
        X